Local 688 PT Breaks - Help Appreciated

newptupser

Hi,
At the center where I work the management likes to call break extremely late when all but around 5 pt employees are left and literally the only thing left after break is to close the trailer doors. I have heard some people in my hub say that we are entitled to a break between the first and third hour of the shift and if so I want to file a grievance. However, I have searched and I can't find where it says that. Can somebody please give me more information about what I can do?
Thank you

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Hi,
At the center where I work the management likes to call break extremely late when all but around 5 pt employees are left and literally the only thing left after break is to close the trailer doors. I have heard some people in my hub say that we are entitled to a break between the first and third hour of the shift and if so I want to file a grievance. However, I have searched and I can't find where it says that. Can somebody please give me more information about what I can do?
Thank you

You need to file a grievance.

Unless there is some sort of unforeseen circumstance (emergency conditions)

they shouldn't be waiting until the end of the day to call break.

I’m not 100% but I think all our supplement says is it can’t be called in the first hour.

Yep.

"All part-time employees shall be given a paid break of ten (10) minutes per shift
or part-time operation. Breaks shall not be scheduled prior to one (1) hour of
work being performed."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

-Bug-

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
You need to file a grievance.

Unless there is some sort of unforeseen circumstance (emergency conditions)

they shouldn't be waiting until the end of the day to call break.

Yep.

"All part-time employees shall be given a paid break of ten (10) minutes per shift
or part-time operation. Breaks shall not be scheduled prior to one (1) hour of
work being performed."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

-Bug-
Amazing to me how they kept this going without anyone saying something till now. Wtf. What about that shifts steward, he or she was needs ousted ASAP.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
Amazing to me how they kept this going without anyone saying something till now. Wtf. What about that shifts steward, he or she was needs ousted ASAP.
They try this at our center on mondays....theyll send people home without break. But our steward caught on started fighting them on it.

U dont wait til its time to go to offer break let alone bringing peopllat to leave early. Wheres the required minimum time word?

Ah well.....

What'dyabringmetoday???

They try this at our center on mondays....theyll send people home without break. But our steward caught on started fighting them on it.

U dont wait til its time to go to offer break let alone bringing peopllat to leave early. Wheres the required minimum time word?

Ah well.....
You need to ask Big Union Guy. He pretty much knows.... everything.

Yolo

They tried that :censored2: for a few days here years ago. They would tell us to take our break right before we clock out. Half of the people would just leave because they were ready to GTFO. Our BA threw a :censored2: fit and it never happened again.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
Doesnt contract say break after 2 to 3 hours work? Ir something.
But it doesn't say that a sup has to send you on break? Like you can pick ur break yourself, is that a thing?