Local 688

babboo25

Banned
Was just reading article about 2nd feeder driver from Local 688 terminated and then getting his job back. They both had to get legal representation to get their jobs back. Says he was "shut out" of the grievance process. What a joke Local 688 is to allow this to happen in the first place. This would of never happened in local 705 or 710. 688 is a disgrace

Stonefish

Was just reading article about 2nd feeder driver from Local 688 terminated and then getting his job back. They both had to get legal representation to get their jobs back. Says he was "shut out" of the grievance process. What a joke Local 688 is to allow this to happen in the first place. This would of never happened in local 705 or 710. 688 is a disgrace
Where did you read that?

Stonefish

TDU.org, not a fan or member, but I do read their website occasionally.
The problem is they never have anything good to say about the Union. They tend to stretch the truth also. I'm not saying it what they said in this case isn't true but based on their articles posts i would question it.

Just Lurking

Our local president sits on the national negotiating committee. Also, I believe that he sits on national safety committee. One of the business agents sits on the JAC panel.
My assumption is that gives TDU enough reasons not to like local 688.

Just Lurking

Just wanted to add that most of the feeder problems relate to a single feeder manager.

Some would day that he not worthy:happy2: of the job.

C

chuchu

What is a fact
The driver himself gives a testimony.

The reason members go to TDU for support or info (in my opinion) is because they feel that they aren't getting the support and info that they need from their local and/or the IBT.

That's what makes TDU a viable option.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

The reason members go to TDU for support or info (in my opinion) is because they feel that they aren't getting the support and info that they need from their local and/or the IBT.

Or at least a burr in the butt of the IBT chieftains.

Stonefish

Our local president sits on the national negotiating committee. Also, I believe that he sits on national safety committee. One of the business agents sits on the JAC panel.
My assumption is that gives TDU enough reasons not to like local 688.
The 2 guys you referenced are both really good guys and you are correct if the are union officials TDU hates them

Stonefish

The question/problem is you read an article about it and a group wrongfully bashes 688 when the only people that know what happened were in the hearing. We don't know what happened for sure. Why don't that group ever put on their site all of the good things the union does. They could come up with one I'm sure. 688 guys are good guys

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The question/problem is you read an article about it and a group wrongfully bashes 688 when the only people that know what happened were in the hearing. We don't know what happened for sure. Why don't that group ever put on their site all of the good things the union does. They could come up with one I'm sure. 688 guys are good guys

Unfortunately, this "phenomenon" manifests itself on both sides of the fence.
You yourself are guilty in the above quoted post.
While you proclaim that "only the people in the hearing" know the truth, you don't know that the source for TDU wasn't someone who was in the hearing, yet you label it as "wrongfully" bashing?
I'm not pro or anti-TDU and agree that they stray from reality at times.
But with that being said, I watch most IBT hardliners immediately label and dismiss anybody who has a contrary viewpoint as a TDU heretic.
I look at it this way, if there wasn't something to their teachings, TDU would have went to the wayside long ago much like APWA.
Yet TDU persists and grows stronger in the wake perceived weakness, propagated by a lack of trust in the members by the IBT in the form of truthful, timely and accurate information.
Many Teamsters feel as if we aren't being given all the information we need, when we need it, to make the decisions that will shape our futures.
In a society predicated on a system of checks and balances, TDU for me, provides a counterpoint not be taken as gospel, rather considered amongst the plethora of information and misinformation available to me.

Inthegame

Of course, until you find out what they really are.
Your inference is way off base. Have you ever met any official from L688? I didn't think so. You may have legit issues with your leadership but extending that disappointment to others is weak. L688 has top notch leadership and unlike you, I have already found out
"what they really are".

Stonefish

Unfortunately, this "phenomenon" manifests itself on both sides of the fence.
You yourself are guilty in the above quoted post.
While you proclaim that "only the people in the hearing" know the truth, you don't know that the source for TDU wasn't someone who was in the hearing, yet you label it as "wrongfully" bashing?
I'm not pro or anti-TDU and agree that they stray from reality at times.
But with that being said, I watch most IBT hardliners immediately label and dismiss anybody who has a contrary viewpoint as a TDU heretic.
I look at it this way, if there wasn't something to their teachings, TDU would have went to the wayside long ago much like APWA.
Yet TDU persists and grows stronger in the wake perceived weakness, propagated by a lack of trust in the members by the IBT in the form of truthful, timely and accurate information.
Many Teamsters feel as if we aren't being given all the information we need, when we need it, to make the decisions that will shape our futures.
In a society predicated on a system of checks and balances, TDU for me, provides a counterpoint not be taken as gospel, rather considered amongst the plethora of information and misinformation available to me.
In my opinion the reason they haven't gone by the wayside long ago is a lot of people like to hear the negative. It makes news sooooo much better than hearing all the good. I would love to know who actually wrote the article on TDU to see if they were in the hearing at the local level or JAC hearing.
You forgot to read my post #14.
When members didn't get the information Hall apologized and took responsibility then they sent out a lot of information TDU stated the information was rammed through and the IBT spend millions on literature and DVD's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
In my opinion the reason they haven't gone by the wayside long ago is a lot of people like to hear the negative. It makes news sooooo much better than hearing all the good. I would love to know who actually wrote the article on TDU to see if they were in the hearing at the local level or JAC hearing.
When members didn't get the information Hall apologized and took responsibility then they sent out a lot of information TDU stated the information was rammed through and the IBT spend millions on literature and DVD's.

OK, thanks Dad.

My post wasn't an invitation to debate the contract again, nor was it intended to extend to you another opportunity to "OUT MY IDENTITY" on this anonymous internet forum.

Look; you claim to know me and to see me during your workday, therefore you must know that I am a long time steward in your building?
So how is it, that you think, I can't relate with: "what it is actually like for people to constantly criticize but never help out or even have a solution to get the issues fixed"?
I get a taste of that turd-burger everyday!!!

So do me a favor Pal, if you have anymore to say to me as somebody other than an anonymous internet poster, grab your :censored2: and look me in the eye when you say it.
When you're finished, and after you wash your hands, maybe we'll shake on it.
If not, we could always go up the street and talk about it over a cup of coffee.

C

chuchu

Hall had to apologize for the way they botched the clarity and content of the first round. They were caught with their pants down on some of those articles and the ASSumption that we'd swallow the hook, line and sinker.

TDU actually gave credit to the IBT and Hall for enhancing the benedits and for the conference call by Hall explaining the benefits more comprehensively.

There's a lot of negative PR on TDU but then there's a lot to this TA thats negative.

We do have to move on.