Local 705 contract suggestions.

Upass.

A strike would be unavoidable.

Attachments

• 0335FC25-7EAD-4A32-A603-7BE6987244F2.png
    0335FC25-7EAD-4A32-A603-7BE6987244F2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 40

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

4 8 hour requests per month?? There are only 20 working days in the average month---25% of those should be 8 hours only?
Lower progression? Companies rarely if ever go back on anything, especially something that is saving them a ton of money.
Increase disability pay? I believe weekly payment amounts are set by the individual states, not the companies.
Eliminate 22.4's? Again, companies rarely if ever go back on anything that is saving them a ton of money.
Hazard pay when the temp goes above 90 degrees or below 20 degrees? Yeah, not gonna happen.
Double time for all hours worked after 10? They need to add "outside of Peak" in order for me to agree.
Eliminate PVD's? Yeah, not gonna happen. I would like to see a clause added to where no "real" employee can be laid off in favor of using PVD's.
Insurance maintained through extended period away from work? Depends upon the situation.
Orientation for all new drivers attaining seniority? I agree with this one.

I can recall when the big battle during contracts was whether we could have beards or not.

This is going to be Sean's first UPS contract and I see him going big-----$1/hr per year for 5 years, plus COLA. Personally I would prefer that the wage be frozen and that UPS be asked to pay pension contributions on all hours worked.

Last edited:

Nah
4 8 hour requests per month?? There are only 20 working days in the average month---25% of those should be 8 hours only?
Lower progression? Companies rarely if ever go back on anything, especially something that is saving them a ton of money.
Increase disability pay?
Eliminate 22.4's? Again, companies rarely if ever go back on anything that is saving them a ton of money.
Hazard pay when the temp goes above 90 degrees or below 20 degrees? Yeah, not gonna happen.
Double time for all hours worked after 10? They need to add "outside of Peak" in order for me to agree.
Eliminate PVD's? Yeah, not gonna happen. I would like to see a clause added to where no "real" employee can be laid off in favor of using PVD's.
Insurance maintained through extended period away from work? Depends upon the situation.

I can recall when the big battle during contracts was whether we could have beards or not.

This is going to be Sean's first UPS contract and I see him going big-----$1/hr per year for 5 years, plus COLA. Personally I would prefer that the wage be frozen and that UPS be asked to pay pension contributions on all hours worked.
Aren't there kittens you could be throwing in dumpsters somewhere?

Pullman Brown

Increase disability pay? I believe weekly payment amounts are set by the individual states, not the companies.

UPS changed the amount of time to get insurance back so it happens!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yee. I want that haz pay
How could that possibly be managed/verified? Would the 90 or over hazard pay be only for the hours the temp exceeded 90 or for the whole day? What if it got to 91 in one part of your center's delivery area and only 89 in another part----would the entire center get the hazard pay or only those impacted by the 90 or over?

Pullman Brown

I am 4 years retired but when I was working our local required that you work 36 days in a quarter to get benefits for the following quarter.
This was a National thing if I recall. I seriously doubt that it hasn’t happened with other issues. I get what your saying but this company was willing to go back to the table!

Pullman Brown

Health care is regional, not national.
Notwithstanding any contrary provision in any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum, (i) individual and dependent/spousal health coverage will be made available to part-time employees on the payroll as of or hired after August 1, 20018 after twelve (12) nine (9) months of active employment and (ii) spousal or dependant coverage will also be made available to these part-time employees twelve (12) months after their initial date of employment.

This is national right? It was changed to nine from twelve. Put your black line through 12.

El Correcto

god is dead
Yes.
Lower progression?
Yes.
Increase disability pay?
Yes.
Eliminate 22.4's?
Yes.
Hazard pay when the temp goes above 90 degrees or below 20 degrees?
Yes.
Eliminate PVD's?
Yes.
Insurance maintained through extended period away from work?
Yes.

There is room to negotiate or we can set the company on fire and piss on it’s grave.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
How could that possibly be managed/verified? Would the 90 or over hazard pay be only for the hours the temp exceeded 90 or for the whole day? What if it got to 91 in one part of your center's delivery area and only 89 in another part----would the entire center get the hazard pay or only those impacted by the 90 or over?
Package car temps. There's probably a sensor already they haven't activated.