Local 728?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I am supporting the Members First Slate. I am very impressed with those in office,and equally unimpressed with the 'competition' . November 9 is Nomination Day and should be a very intersting day at the hall

BCFan

Is this the current bunch? The guys that let a 30+ year steward be railroaded at the Atlanta building?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Is this the current bunch? The guys that let a 30+ year steward be railroaded at the Atlanta building?
i dont know about the individual you are referring to,but i DO know that 'the current bunch' have won over half a Mil in penalty Pay from UPS this year

BCFan

Gosh that's wonderful ,but as I understand they let a supporter, a steward, and a thirty year plus member get rolled under the bus....

Inthegame

Gosh that's wonderful ,but as I understand they let a supporter, a steward, and a thirty year plus member get rolled under the bus....
There's always many sides to the story. That sounds far away from the MO Mr Brown has attained (by golly).

BCFan

I hope that is true Inthegame. I guess we will have to wait until Monday to find out the panel decision. Gosh darn it!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I like Randy B. He has done a great job for the most part. I am not familiar with the particular case that BCFan is referring to. BCfan is somebody I know and have a lot of respect for, I have sat next to him at a few meetings. Randy used to drive a P500 in my center, I can tell some stories. We have a feeder driver in my hub that ran in the last election, he crossed a picket line when the IBT first tried to organize Overnite. Screw him. The last election was very close from what I hear. We do have too many slates, thats a problem for the new guys. The few members who bother to vote usually vote for the names they recognize, and Randy and his Business Agents do show up at my Hub a lot. If Randy ever decides to retire, I would support Jim H. "Higgy" is very passionate about union issues, and I also share the same birthday with him!

Last edited:

Inthegame

I like Randy B. He has done a great job for the most part. I am not familiar with the particular case that BCFan is referring to. BCfan is somebody I know and have a lot of respect for, I have sat next to him at a few meetings. Randy used to drive a P500 in my center, I can tell some stories. We have feeder driver in my hub that ran last election, he crossed a picket line when the IBT first tried to organize Overnite. Screw him. The last election was very close from what I hear. We do have too many slates, thats a problem for the new guys. The few members who bother to vote for who represent them usually vote for the names they recognize, and Randy and his Business Agents do show up at my Hub a lot. If Randy ever decides to retire, I would support Jim H. "Higgy" is very passionate about union issues, and I also share the same birthday with him!
How many PUI's does one need to lose their license to post on BC?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Members first slate (Randy, Jim, Matt ect) have done a great job processing grievances. I've personally made around 800.00 off sup working grievances, with about a 1 month turnaround.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I like Randy B. He has done a great job for the most part. I am not familiar with the particular case that BCFan is referring to. BCfan is somebody I know and have a lot of respect for, I have sat next to him at a few meetings. Randy used to drive a P500 in my center, I can tell some stories. We have a feeder driver in my hub that ran in the last election, he crossed a picket line when the IBT first tried to organize Overnite. Screw him. The last election was very close from what I hear. We do have too many slates, thats a problem for the new guys. The few members who bother to vote usually vote for the names they recognize, and Randy and his Business Agents do show up at my Hub a lot. If Randy ever decides to retire, I would support Jim H. "Higgy" is very passionate about union issues, and I also share the same birthday with him!
Higgy is OSSUM! he is smart as a whip,and dosent care what he says or who he says it to.
We had a SCAB come up to Jim a couple of months ago when some of the local higher ups were in the building telling Jim he had 'rights',and he wanted back in the union. Jim told him in front of EVERYBODY "we dont let Scabs back in the union" hahaahahaha the scab was INFURIATED. I havent laughed so hard and so loudly in years

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Members first slate (Randy, Jim, Matt ect) have done a great job processing grievances. I've personally made around 800.00 off sup working grievances, with about a 1 month turnaround.
i've made right at $2500 this year in Exessive OT grievances myself