Local 804 Podcast

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
guy raises some valid points and questions for sure like first and foremost where the hell is my supplement to read over so i can decide if i should listen to your advice and vote no on it.

Chukie804

Management told me I'd never be a driver
guy raises some valid points and questions for sure like first and foremost where the hell is my supplement to read over so i can decide if i should listen to your advice and vote no on it.
We don't have a supplement. Either thru incompetence on the behalf of our negotiators, or playing hardball with the company and refusing to yield on certain things (I'm not qualified to say which) we missed the cutoff to have our supplement negotiated by. Thus we go to voting with nothing. Makes it easier to vote no because unlike a lot of other locals we don't even have good supplement language

LagunaBrown

We don't have a supplement. Either thru incompetence on the behalf of our negotiators, or playing hardball with the company and refusing to yield on certain things (I'm not qualified to say which) we missed the cutoff to have our supplement negotiated by. Thus we go to voting with nothing. Makes it easier to vote no because unlike a lot of other locals we don't even have good supplement language
Very informative. Do you guys have one day lay offs?

LagunaBrown

Its unclear to me what you mean by a 1 day lay off. Were guaranteed 5 8 hour days in our week in our supplement currently.
Some regions can send people home with no guarantee if no work available, thus a 1 day layoff. Glad to see you are covered I heard different and wanted to verify. thx

Chukie804

Management told me I'd never be a driver
Some regions can send people home with no guarantee if no work available, thus a 1 day layoff. Glad to see you are covered I heard different and wanted to verify. thx

Gotcha. Closest we get is the bottom 10% of the seniority list is considered extra, but they're entitled to 4 hours pay just for showing up so in practice they tend to just work the low seniority guys and give high seniority guys days off who want it