Local 804 union transfer policies

Mcnak

I keep hearing conflicting info about our transfer policies. Ive heard we simply lose our seniority but ive also heard they dont allow transfers at all and we would essentially have to quit and reapply at the other warehouse. Lose seniority, pay, everything. And yet another story is we can only transfer within the 804 district
Not a driver; package sorter on long island
Not allowing any transfers seems a little ridiculous for such a large company

GenericUsername

So what's your question? You seem to forget that there's an absolute ton of different locals and people here that represent those different areas on this site.

Up In Smoke

I keep hearing conflicting info about our transfer policies. Ive heard we simply lose our seniority but ive also heard they dont allow transfers at all and we would essentially have to quit and reapply at the other warehouse. Lose seniority, pay, everything. And yet another story is we can only transfer within the 804 district
Have you called your BA? Start with the union in your area before seeking answers from strangers.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

It’s not a warehouse
Hope this helps

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

How long you been here
Lemme take a guess
Less than a year

542thruNthru

Well you sure didn't try very hard to find the answer. Instead it seems you've decided to have other people do your work for you.

Local 804 Rider
Article 6.1 - Transfers within building
Article 6.9 - Geographical transfers

National Master Agreement
Article 22.6 - Part-time employee transfer

That took me all of 10 minutes.

Good luck.

GenericUsername

Common sense would tell most it has something to do with local 804
Common sense also tells me what his question theoretically involves could be a transfer to another local or something. With no question about him transferring somewhere, how are we supposed to know? You know what they say about assuming.....

Mcnak

You still haven't answered the question. Where are you trying to transfer and from where.
Idk what you think "long island" means but thats where from. Thats also why i put "local 804" to specify which union im dealing with. But i didnt see any1 ask me anything anyway yall just jumped down my throat acting like i asked if the holocaust was real or something
I was simply wondering about my options and am asking around. Crazy of me for thinking a ups forum was good for getting ups info 🤣
This post had a ridiculous receiving. Yall need to eat a snickers

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Idk what you think "long island" means but thats where from. Thats also why i put "local 804" to specify which union im dealing with. But i didnt see any1 ask me anything anyway yall just jumped down my throat acting like i asked if the holocaust was real or something
I was simply wondering about my options and am asking around. Crazy of me for thinking a ups forum was good for getting ups info 🤣
This post had a ridiculous receiving. Yall need to eat a snickers

Why you want to transfer

Mcnak

Why you want to transfer
Long island is very expensive. Id hate to be stuck here but id also hate to walk away from the years ive put in. Idc much abt seniority. Mostly my raises and vaca time i racked up lol
Again, im simply asking around abt my options for future reference. A girls gotta have a plan lol