Local operation disruption!

Ralph Barkley

As a loyal UPS account holder and customer of twenty years or more I am pissed off with the latest handling of a expensive photoghraphic item I ordered from Best Buy. For the last four days I am getting the following exception;

"DUE TO LOCAL OPERATION DISRUPTION, PACKAGES NOT UNLOADED FROM TRAILER, EXPECT A ONE DAY BUSINESS DAY DELAY"

What in the heck is going on? My package has been in Doraville for four days? My expected delivery date has been changed four times?

Amazon would like to have "BROWNS" business, Hell, at this rate "BROWN" is giving it to them! :furious:

Ralph Barkley

"WE ARE BUSY"

IS NOT A ACCEPABLE excuse for poor service! I know the guys in the trucks are busting their ass right now, but why isn't UPS hiring the necessary seasonal/temperary workers to keep the work flow moving. This is not the time to give the other carriers the edge or opportunity to get UPS market share. Or to give hard earned retail customers the incentive to try FEDEX, DHL, AMAZON or the like.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As a loyal UPS account holder and customer of twenty years or more I am pissed off with the latest handling of a expensive photoghraphic item I ordered from Best Buy. For the last four days I am getting the following exception;

"DUE TO LOCAL OPERATION DISRUPTION, PACKAGES NOT UNLOADED FROM TRAILER, EXPECT A ONE DAY BUSINESS DAY DELAY"

What in the heck is going on? My package has been in Doraville for four days? My expected delivery date has been changed four times?

Amazon would like to have "BROWNS" business, Hell, at this rate "BROWN" is giving it to them! :furious:

Are you in Doraville, GA? Was your area impacted by the ice storm?

Indecisi0n

"WE ARE BUSY"

IS NOT A ACCEPABLE excuse for poor service! I know the guys in the trucks are busting their ass right now, but why isn't UPS hiring the necessary seasonal/temperary workers to keep the work flow moving. This is not the time to give the other carriers the edge or opportunity to get UPS market share. Or to give hard earned retail customers the incentive to try FEDEX, DHL, AMAZON or the like.

It happens, get over it. If you needed your stuff that bad you would have driven to the store and picked it up.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We are busy.
This is the actual problem - Retailers such as Best Buy, Amazon, Wal-Mart, to name a few, are not willing to pay UPS the additional cost in order for UPS to increase their capacity to accomodate annual seasonal increases experienced after cyber weekend.

Also, I question whether Best Buy has "expensive photographic items" but I guess this is relative.
I did buy a memory card at Best Buy once.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We are busy.
It happens, get over it. If you needed your stuff that bad you would have driven to the store and picked it up.
If I drove to the store and picked it up, you wouldn't have a job! Besides this item was not available locally, only online, a pre-order.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this delay has caused but I assure you UPS does not just hold packages for a day because "we are too busy". Weather in the South and Southeast has greatly impacted our operations and it appears that your package, along with thousands of others, has been affected by that disruption. Your package will be delivered the day that it is processed in the destination center which services your address. Again, I am sorry for any inconvenience and apologize for the responses you received above. Dave.

Indecisi0n

If I drove to the store and picked it up, you wouldn't have a job! Besides this item was not available locally, only online, a pre-order.

Trust me I would still have a job. Why don't you go on BB web forum and rant about how they don't stock your items locally and the tragedy that has occurred because of it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We are busy.
RB, don't listen to that maroon. I am sorry for any inconvenience this delay has caused but I assure you UPS does not just hold packages for a day because "we are too busy". Weather in the South and Southeast has greatly impacted our operations and it appears that your package, along with thousands of others, has been affected by that disruption. Your package will be delivered the day that it is processed in the destination center which services your address. Again, I am sorry for any inconvenience and apologize for the responses you received above. Dave.
I see a future for you as an CS agent in a Customer Service Center.

Cementups

Box Monkey
"WE ARE BUSY"

This is going to sounds crazy, I know, but those other companies.............THEY ARE BUSY TOO!!! Oh and BTW, other people's stuff is stuck in trailers too. You will get it. Your world will not end. Life will go on.
If you can't wait a few days for your goods into today's world of instant gratification, I would have hated to see how you would reacted having to wait for the Montgomery Ward wagon to bring your stuff 100 years ago. :surprised:

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
I know we have been getting loads in all weekend at the center. Should have just 2 loads that come in Saturday morning from Pdale. Greensboro sent 2 via shiny truck, and left 2 more in Cola for them to deal with(read me) Our Saturday combo driver had to pattern park the 2 greensboros, and he called me, telling me that I was gonna have fun breaking the pattern on Sunday.

I am glad that I won't have to deliver the mess Monday. I see a bunch of stuffed Pkg cars in our future.

Just waiting know for the more money call...... WE NEED YOU TO START EARLY.............:woohoo:

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Just got the call..... Boss man says we are clogged up in Cola, so everybody is starting early, and we are gonna try and move everything out to the centers. NOW I am really glad I am not a pkg car driver......

jaker

trolling

Did you call ups first and ask them to help you or did you come on this site first to complain to a bunch of workers who have absolutely no power to help you at all