Local Union #710

UPSNoMore

I am starting this thread so that those that have an interest in Local Union #710 business have a specific thread to discuss said local's issues.

My first question to anyone out there that knows is: how many calls to vote on ratification of the 710 rider for the new contract have there been? I know I got one ballot in the mail a while back. I would think that there would have been more than one official taking of votes by now though. Also, is there another vote currently scheduled to take place for 710 members in the future?

UPSNoMore

jpf75, thanks for the info. Do you know if that meeting is taking place at the Mokena, Illinois location? Also, I would be grateful if you would post what you learn about the meeting here, as this forum is the easiest way for me to get informed on such things.

710 steward

There are talks scheduled for the middle of April. I honestly don't expect there to be very much on the UPS topic today other than that announcement.

710 steward

Not much said today. One question of interest though. One person asked what was the consensus top 5 proposals off of the new proposal list. That answer was we are still looking at things. This is the reason why people are becoming upset and not trusting this leadership. Are we really to believe we have new talks scheduled in 2 weeks but no idea what is the top 5 updated concerns? Get ready for the same proposal my friends.

Ron Carey lives on

Good for you 710 keep voting it down. Outstanding numbers last time. I bet hoffa choked on the chicken wing he was devouring when he saw those numbers

Sent using BrownCafe App

MoarTape

So do 705 and 710 both represent CACH? I've heard some people say they're 705 and others say they're 710. Just wondering how that works.

Sent using BrownCafe App

710 steward

So do 705 and 710 both represent CACH? I've heard some people say they're 705 and others say they're 710. Just wondering how that works.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I don't work at CACH. If I am remembering correctly, it's 705 for all of the inside and the feeder work is both 710 and 705.

710 steward

I am curious what other 710 members think. According to the letter Pat posted on the 710 website both sides walked away without an agreement and no new talks scheduled. We gave them the consent to strike. Why did we let UPS off the hook again. I don't understand this at all. Between the Rockford air hub and Louisville we can shut down a good portion of air shipments. What are they waiting for?

babboo25

Banned
I am curious what other 710 members think. According to the letter Pat posted on the 710 website both sides walked away without an agreement and no new talks scheduled. We gave them the consent to strike. Why did we let UPS off the hook again. I don't understand this at all. Between the Rockford air hub and Louisville we can shut down a good portion of air shipments. What are they waiting for?
First vote wasn't a strike authorization vote, just a scare tactic. Flynn wants this to pass so he can fill the 2nd floor of the new fancy union hall with Health Insurance employees. Plus only 41% voted, that's piss poor. What would we strike for? What would picket signs say? "we want to keep our free insurance"? Or "we make $34 hr and we want our free insurance too"? Good luck with that.