Locals were accused of flip flopping in regards to contract, How about Hoffa??

kingOFchester

Electrical workers union jumps aboard anti-Obamacare bus - Washington Times

"The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers is the latest in a string of unions to come out against the Patient Protection http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-obamaca/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS#and Affordable Care Act, known as Obamacare."

"Also protesting aspects of Obamacare in recent months: the United Food and Commercial Workers International Union, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters and UNITE HERE."

I am still gathering facts, and trying to find an open letter sent to Obama from the Teamsters. Coming off a Friday night bender, so forgive me for not having all the facts and any spelling/grammar mistakes.

kingOFchester

Found the letter.

Appears Obama has given the middle finger salute once again.

From what I am reading, I am now even more against going into "Teamcare"....

QUOTE FROM LETTER: "And finally, even though non-profit plans like ours won’t receive the same subsidies as for-profit plans, they’ll be taxed to pay for those subsidies. Taken together, these restrictions will make non-profit plans like ours unsustainable, and will undermine the health-care market of viable alternatives to the big health insurance companies."

Now I am sure many will just skim this thread and the letter, and go back to bickering about the Supplements and the TA and what can and can not be renegotiated and all the BS.

It all makes sense now. Get everyone in the Teamsters healthcare fund, by doing so it will make a better case to "fix" Obamacare.

But, my opinion, this is a major red flag. Let me stay with my company benefits.

http://blogs.wsj.com/corporate-intelligence/2013/07/12/union-letter-obamacare-will-destroy-the-very-health-and-wellbeing-of-workers/

Last edited:

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I will never understand how anyone who works for a living could vote for this guy. He robs from the rich, middle class, and the poor to give to the poorest.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Labor's support of the ACA was contingent upon the so-called "Cadillac" plan tax being waived and/or eliminated before it actually kicked in sometime in either 2015 or 2016. There's little to no hope of that exemption being passed through legislation any time soon with the Congress in place right now; the Tea Party surge in the 2010 mid-term elections wasn't foreseen. With 34+ attempts at repealing it in the House, what are the chances of an exemption for labor unions to escape an ACA-imposed tax being passed?

I don't have a problem with Obamacare, per se, but the under-30 hour/week exemption for employers and the Cadillac health plan taxes are the two worst aspects of the law. If you give an employer a chance to wiggle out of an imposed cost by cutting hours, you'll just have a swathe of workers averaging 29.99 hours/week. For example, the Darden Restaurant Group (Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Longhorn Steakhouse) brags about its employees receiving a paid week of vacation every year; but the catch is, you have to average 30 hours a week each year to qualify. Darden management is ordered to cut hours so no one averages above 29 hours, resulting in very few employees actually getting a paid vacation.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
I will never understand how anyone who works for a living could vote for this guy. He robs from the rich, middle class, and the poor to give to the poorest.

Wrong, he's robbed from the middle-class and the poor to enrich the greedy insurance companies! Obama is the president of the rich, just like every other :censored2: before him. Its part of this two party corporate dictatorship destroying America.