Locked Thread

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Cheryl started a new thread, closed the door and locked it as she left.

http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f69/media-library-great-white-north-kanadian-korner-335059/
Those threads are created when you put a check in the create thread checkbox when you post a url to a video in the new media library. It's used to get the new video into the stream of recent site activity. Comments and discussions about the videos are posted directly on each video's page.

Why was the Robert Schimmel thread locked? Did it get out of control that fast or was he too controversial for BC?
Not sure why it was closed but his comedy may have been considered too controversial for the site. I had never even heard of Robert Schimmel before hearing of his death on the news today. This morning Hoax posted a video of his stand up on the media section. It's adult material for sure.

I think there is a phantom thread crusher on the loose.
Here's what I know about the recent closed threads. I somehow managed to fumble around and accidently close a completely harmless thread. Steve pm'd me to ask why it had been closed. After reviewing the moderation log I realized that it was me that had accidently closed it. I opened it back up right away.

As far as the moderators closing threads, they are free to use their own judgement about their moderation activities.