Logistics for a new employee?

Hello, I am a new employee at Ups, I am working evenings as an unloader. We had a few people quit & some move to driving lately. They put me loading shuttles & I was asked if I wanted to run the tower/direct packages. I accepted & will start soon. My question is, is there somewhere on the internet that will explain to me what packages go where? A map or diagram that explains this stuff? The guys that are doing it now are very bad at it , constantly sending mis- loads On the conveyer belts. Training from these guys won’t be very helpful, I will probably learn more by trial & error. I am in the south east. Thanks for any help!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
The guys that are doing it now are very bad at it , constantly sending mis- loads On the conveyer belts. Training from these guys won’t be very helpful, I will probably learn more by trial & error.

I have no idea regarding your question but you sound like you have your S* together. Stick around for a while you might like this place.

Welcome aboard!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Hello, I am a new employee at Ups, I am working evenings as an unloader. We had a few people quit & some move to driving lately. They put me loading shuttles & I was asked if I wanted to run the tower/direct packages. I accepted & will start soon. My question is, is there somewhere on the internet that will explain to me what packages go where? A map or diagram that explains this stuff? The guys that are doing it now are very bad at it , constantly sending mis- loads On the conveyer belts. Training from these guys won’t be very helpful, I will probably learn more by trial & error. I am in the south east. Thanks for any help!
It should say what belt the package is going to on the PAL label.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It should say what belt the package is going to on the PAL label.

PAL labels are only for preload and loading package cars.

There are no PAL labels on packages picked up from shippers and sorted in the evening to trailers or shuttles.

My question is, is there somewhere on the internet that will explain to me what packages go where?

Nope

A map or diagram that explains this stuff?

Your sup should show you. Usually sorted by zip codes.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
PAL labels are only for preload and loading package cars.

There are no PAL labels on packages picked up from shippers and sorted in the evening to trailers or shuttles.

Nope

Your sup should show you. Usually sorted by zip codes.
Skipped right over that evening unloader part I guess.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Glad you pointed it out.
images-19.jpg