logistics my ass

spike651

sent a package to south carolina from connecticut. hoping to have it arrive before christmas. arrived in Maryland on tuesday and is now lost in transit.

UPSGUY72

your welcome. it will be the last time, cant even have confidence in the company i work for. maybe they can make another commercial with a catchy tune.

In the last couple of weeks we have handled about 20 million packages a day. One is bound to get lost in transit. I'm sure you will happy using Fed Ex just don't ship a Flat panel TV with them.

S

splozi

In the last couple of weeks we have handled about 20 million packages a day. One is bound to get lost in transit. I'm sure you will happy using Fed Ex just don't ship a Flat panel TV with them.

Only ship something heavy enough that can't be lifted and thrown over a gate/fence.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
it's probably sitting in a hub in South Carolina waiting to be unloaded from a trailer and get scanned

just because UPS.com doesn't show movement doesn't mean it's not moving, and not that many packages get lost at Burtonsville....

bbsam

Staff member
It's ok to ship flat panels with us. We just can't predict how many panels will arrive.

spike651

are you sure you put the correct lable on it? How can you say its lost you told us where it is.

its a christmas gift, it didn;t get there by christmas so it might as well be lost. i work for ups but never use them for shipping, i only used them this once because i needed to get it there by christmas. i see that stupid commercial everyday with that stupid ass logistics song bragging about getting items to places like japan on time, yet they can't get a package from connecticut to SC in a week.

spike651

thats good you should work in customer service. nobody wants to hear that **** when its their package that isn't getting there on time.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Keep in mind, we use "contractors" this time of year. I was told of a LOUKY air load that was bound for Columbia SC and ended up in Columbus GA. Goes to show, just because you can pass a test and get your CDL, you can still be :censored2:.

We don't necessarily lose things...we just leave them sitting in trailers and unload them when management feels we have enough routes in to deliver it. That's logistics......