LOLOLOLOLOL

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Going on 10 weeks of this and there’s still zero plan at all. We know you’re heavy. Go give it all you got.

Lol yeah ok good luck with that.

As my old ball coach used to yell at us MAKE A :censored2:ING ADJUSTMENT!!!!!

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

That’s the real killer. At least you know peak season starts November 25th and ends January 1st. This is showing no signs of slowing. Once the companies who made everyone work from home realize how much money they’ll save on ditching office space all those bulk stops we used to deliver will get broken up and sent to everyone’s homes. Plus all the small business that’s going away. We’re screwed.

JustDeliverIt

Going on 10 weeks of this and there’s still zero plan at all. We know you’re heavy. Go give it all you got.

But are any of us really surprised by this?? This is a company that can never handle Christmas every year, shocked by the insane volume we get then and they know that's coming. This has no labeled beginning and no end in sight and they are trying to handle it with limited staffing because they have to make sure shareholders are happy.

Really, the problem is that we never got our "break". Feb - April is supposed to be our "down time" to recover from peak before max vacations hit and the longer days that come from that. I really think injuries are going to start piling up. Don't care how good of shape your in, year round hours like this will catch up to people.

Stay safe everyone.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
But are any of us really surprised by this?? This is a company that can never handle Christmas every year, shocked by the insane volume we get then and they know that's coming. This has no labeled beginning and no end in sight and they are trying to handle it with limited staffing because they have to make sure shareholders are happy.

Really, the problem is that we never got our "break". Feb - April is supposed to be our "down time" to recover from peak before max vacations hit and the longer days that come from that. I really think injuries are going to start piling up. Don't care how good of shape your in, year round hours like this will catch up to people.

Stay safe everyone.
This company has no idea how to operate in a business world where they are expanding at a good pace.

This has been a decade or more in the making and yet they only continue to do the bare minimum that they think will work to get by.

when the ups machine gets a little rust hole in it they slap some quick bondo over it and call it good. What it needs is new panels properly welded in place.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
That’s the real killer. At least you know peak season starts November 25th and ends January 1st. This is showing no signs of slowing. Once the companies who made everyone work from home realize how much money they’ll save on ditching office space all those bulk stops we used to deliver will get broken up and sent to everyone’s homes. Plus all the small business that’s going away. We’re screwed.
Also doesn't help that people are too cheap and lazy to help keep small businesses afloat.

Justaloader

Stay safe everyone.

Let's not forget - during peak, we have seasonals hired on for help. Right now - we don't even have that. In the hub I'm in, we have usually 130 to 150 people working during peak. Right now we have about 80, yet we're handling peak volume. Bet your ass management will see this and come next peak think "well, we managed with 80 folks...let's not spend the money on seasonals. Let's allocate that money to something else.....like....bonuses for ourselves as a result of the numbers looking that much better".

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Plan?

tenor (9).gif

6HI1Uxg.gif

giphy (15).gif

giphy (13).gif

That is funny.

JustDeliverIt

Let's not forget - during peak, we have seasonals hired on for help. Right now - we don't even have that. In the hub I'm in, we have usually 130 to 150 people working during peak. Right now we have about 80, yet we're handling peak volume. Bet your ass management will see this and come next peak think "well, we managed with 80 folks...let's not spend the money on seasonals. Let's allocate that money to something else.....like....bonuses for ourselves as a result of the numbers looking that much better".

Yeah, we are hiring drivers like crazy suddenly. They will all probably end up being 22.4's since I don't think they have many yet. But the hub is trying to get some people in, not nearly what they need. Especially since vacations are coming for those who are actually still showing up. And they are having the same problem they always do, hire 10 and 11 quit.

rod

Retired 22 years
Yeah, we are hiring drivers like crazy suddenly. They will all probably end up being 22.4's since I don't think they have many yet. But the hub is trying to get some people in, not nearly what they need. Especially since vacations are coming for those who are actually still showing up. And they are having the same problem they always do, hire 10 and 11 quit.
You would almost think they would work on that turnover rate. I wonder if all the harassment has anything to do with it. :-)