Long Sleeve Shirts on Backorder?

LongIslandNewbie

I have been asking for Long Sleeve Shirts for the last 5 weeks and was told they are on back order. Yesterday it was cold and windy in my area and I wore a Thermal under my short sleeve shirt and was told I cant. So what do I do? Freeze? Anyplace I can buy a company approved thermal?

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer
:group-hug::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:
If a large amount of drivers started wearing out of compliance clothing to keep warm, something tells me that long sleeve uniform shirts would appear as if by magic!:sorcerer:
Our center has long sleeves but no jackets... What kind of :censored2: is that... I would take a jacket over a long sleeve any day..

PT Car Washer

I have been asking for Long Sleeve Shirts for the last 5 weeks and was told they are on back order. Yesterday it was cold and windy in my area and I wore a Thermal under my short sleeve shirt and was told I cant. So what do I do? Freeze? Anyplace I can buy a company approved thermal?
Wear the UPS jacket?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

There is no company approved thermal to wear with short sleeves. There is nothing approved to wear with short sleeves that shows past the shirt sleeve on the arm.

Just wear your jacket in the building so nobody sees your thermal showing past your sleeves until the long sleeve shirts come in. As long as it does not show, nothing they can do about it.

They may follow you though and make sure you do not remove your jacket throughout the day.

File a grievance on the lack of long sleeve shirts. You will see how fast they show up.

Box Ox

File a grievance on the lack of long sleeve shirts. You will see how fast they show up.

Would be nice if there was a tracker for when the Sri Lankans paddle out a raft with our uniforms on it. Grievance gets filed and the raft boss gets a call on his handheld radio. And he's like "Oh sh:censored3: guys, paddle faster! And you could see it all go down in real time.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
If you're wearing the jacket how can they give you a hard time for wearing a thermal under your short sleeve shirt?
Easier to gain sympathy if you appear to be a victim.

Uniform orders are slower than normal right now, but the turnaround from order to the time it arrives at the center has been around 7-9 business days.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Wear what you have been wearing if they don't like it they can send you home,then maybe they will get your uniforms in.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Would be nice if there was a tracker for when the Sri Lankans paddle out a raft with our uniforms on it. Grievance gets filed and the raft boss gets a call on his handheld radio. And he's like "Oh sh:censored3: guys, paddle faster! And you could see it all go down in real time.

The issue is not lack of uniforms. The issue is Center budgets and getting them to the Centers.

ManInBrown

What do you mean you can't wear a thermal under your short sleeve? I haven't worn a long sleeve shirt in years

Short sleeve shirt jacket with whatever I want underneath it, with the coat on. Then they have no idea what you have on. I hate the long sleeve shirts. I spend half the day tucking it back in

brownelf

What do you mean you can't wear a thermal under your short sleeve? I haven't worn a long sleeve shirt in years

Short sleeve shirt jacket with whatever I want underneath it, with the coat on. Then they have no idea what you have on. I hate the long sleeve shirts. I spend half the day tucking it back in

Long sleeve shirt jackets are available for those of us who hate to tuck in their shirts. I found some UA coldgear in brown that matches our uniforms well.