Longest day of career Monday dec. 22nd

imwell

I'm as productive as the methods allow.
8 am till 9:59 pm. Just 1 minute under 14 and I had to skip my last break...lame.

Very well done to keep it under 14, that's about as close as it gets. For the first time in 28 years, last peak, I had several days at 13.7 to 13.99 hours. Last Christmas eve, still out at 10:30pm. It was awful. This job is turning me to really hate Christmas. But from here on out undies, NEVER, EVER skip ANY of your paid break time to make service on a 14+ hour dispatch. Take ALL of your personal time. Bring anything else back. We are all allowed that "first time" experience, but we should NEVER do it a second time. God Bless, and Merry Christmas. Get as much rest as you can. It's not over yet.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
13.92 yesterday, 13.7 today. Going to get creamed tomorrow, but the two inner-city routes in my loop are losing a combined 5 hours worth of pickups which will free them up to take stops from me. Not having pickups will make a huge difference tomorrow for a lot of routes.

some1else

My record was 17hrs (weather related) I know i will never hit that again. I called a few hotels near me but everyone was already overbooked. So id rather sit in the pc than sleep on a floor somewhere! Over 70 drivers worked the same hours that day. Didnyou knowif you have leave building 08:10 and put return building 00:50 diad says something like error start greater than end lol i had to put 1159 as return to building to punch out.
Worse part was we couldnt work the next day obviously so despite a 17hr day my paycheck was slightly less than normal!!

Last edited:

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I guess with the hrs limit. Working till midnight or after is something only the drivers with 25 yrs plus would only have done. Xmas now is cake in comparison to yrs past

poophappens

Been driving for 10 year but coming from a center that doesn't allow its drivers to go over 12 hours it's rare to see a 13 hour day.. Tuesday wasn't any better :/

rod

Retired 22 years
I guess with the hrs limit. Working till midnight or after is something only the drivers with 25 yrs plus would only have done. Xmas now is cake in comparison to yrs past

We had a peak driver get chewed out because he brought back a lot of stops at 9 o'clock p.m. one year. They told him "you stay out there until you've attempted delivery on everything in your truck". The next night he was finally found at 4:30 a.m.-- still out delivering. He quit. Its a good thing he didn't get shot creeping around peoples houses in the middle of the night.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We had a peak driver get chewed out because he brought back a lot of stops at 9 o'clock p.m. one year. They told him "you stay out there until you've attempted delivery on everything in your truck". The next night he was finally found at 4:30 a.m.-- still out delivering. He quit. Its a good thing he didn't get shot creeping around peoples houses in the middle of the night.
430am? Ray Charles could've finished sooner....can't make this crap up!