Looking for a UPS contact in Austin, TX

TSJ

I am currently a cover driver for Central PA and am looking to transfer to a hub in Austin also as a cover driver within the next 6-8 months. I was hoping maybe I could get some information on how the UPS job market is in the area and possibly a name/number or email of a Human Resource Rep. or Business Manager to contact regarding my transfer. Thanks ahead of time!

brownrodster

I am currently a cover driver for Central PA and am looking to transfer to a hub in Austin also as a cover driver within the next 6-8 months. I was hoping maybe I could get some information on how the UPS job market is in the area and possibly a name/number or email of a Human Resource Rep. or Business Manager to contact regarding my transfer. Thanks ahead of time!

If transfer means quit and get rehired then good luck.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

TSJ, you should check with your local HR to see if the transfer that you are seeking is an option before making any plans. I have a feeling that it is not and that you may have to quit and then try to get re-hired. Good luck.

rorojo

If you are planning on driving I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon. We have 6 cover drivers laid off since feb. You may be able to come in on sort or preload but not as a driver. Right now it takes 3-4 years building senority to start driving

TSJ

I've been with UPS since June 2005, I plan on going back to school in the area and using the part-time Educational Transfer; and yes I would also plan on working in the building on the twilight sort on off days, saturday air and so forth. I've heard the Austin building is a large building divided into three centers, is this the one you're referring to rorojo?

rorojo

I've been with UPS since June 2005, I plan on going back to school in the area and using the part-time Educational Transfer; and yes I would also plan on working in the building on the twilight sort on off days, saturday air and so forth. I've heard the Austin building is a large building divided into three centers, is this the one you're referring to rorojo?
We have four centers here i will get hr infor for you asap

UPSGUY72

I pretty sure the PT educational tranfer isn't for drivers. It's for people that are working PT on the preload or local sort that want to still work PT for ups and go to school. Anyways there has to be and opening. I don't see there being a PT driver opening when they are laying off drivers and there are always PT people wanting to be drivesr in every building.

TSJ

Havent heard back from anyone, still looking for information! Also, does anyone knows if the Austin location is eligible for the Earn and Learn program or any type of tuition assistance?

Last edited:

UPSGUY72

a little help? :anxious:

Contact your HR person they can help you and answer all your Questions.

I'm pretty sure you need to be accept at a school in order to be considered for a PT transfer. There also has to be an opening for you a the building and final the person in charge of the building has to be willing to have you.

airbusfxr

Tuition Assistance Program

Employees can receive financial assistance to continue their college education.

The UPS Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) is offered to UPSers in an effort to recruit, retain, and develop qualified individuals who will help meet the business objectives of our company. Coverage levels within programs vary by geography, employment type, and business unit. Coop and intern employees are not eligible for tuition assistance.

In the United States, tuition assistance is available to:
· Full-time non-union employees
· Part-time management employees
· Part-time union employees

Visit the program administrator, EDCOR, to learn about the program and eligibility requirements, begin the application process for tuition assistance, or request reimbursement. To log into their website you will need your employee identification number and birth date, entered

Last edited: