Looking for advice

Seasonal

I worked this summer and covered vacations for full time drivers. I worked full time from may 5th to labor day. My contract was up and then I got got to come work the 7th and 8th. Everyone side I would get hired full time but no actual word from the boss. I came in today and was told they didn't need me and they were contacting the board of labor . Will I get hired ?

Inthegame

I worked this summer and covered vacations for full time drivers. I worked full time from may 5th to labor day. My contract was up and then I got got to come work the 7th and 8th. Everyone side I would get hired full time but no actual word from the boss. I came in today and was told they didn't need me and they were contacting the board of labor . Will I get hired ?
This sounds eerily familiar...

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
My advice is: you should figure out what Teamster contract/supplement/rider you would be under and download them from teamster.org. Read through the supplement/rider about 'seasonal' & 'seniority'. And call the office of the Teamster Local union you would be under and talk to the business agent or representative for the building you worked out of.
What are they chances they extended my contract?
This would be an excellent question for the Teamster representative.

PT Car Washer

We are so short handed on preload, they have a sign up sheet for the drivers to work if they want. Lots of ncns, book offs and injuries.
My building is both a Hub and two centers with one preload and double shifters has been an option most of this summer. High seniority PTer can match a drivers pay check or more working doubles. Lets pay a PTer $50/hr because we can't find enough new hires to work at $10.15/hr. But we have PT sups running around misloading for $15/hr. How do you misload a 100 lb irreg? Answer: just get in a package car and out of the building. Not my problem anymore.