looking for info for retirement since getting different answers

I was told that at 10 years u can file for retirement but will take a hit paywise for retiring early. ill have 10 years in and be 40 when i look at retiring which will be a year. Cancer treatment destroyed my body so ill be lucky to make it another year at the job and at this point. How do i find out how much my pay will be for such an earlier departure since im going in circles on the UPSers site

upschuck

a coworker is retiring at 10 they told her she will get 650 a month and maintain benefits for her and her husband but it will cost 300 bucks a month for both
What supplement are you under?

FT/PT?

She closer to 62?

Lots of variables.

In central, healthcare costs are capped @ $500,000 lifetime, last I heard.

Don't want to discourage you, just want you to go in knowledgeable.

we are both PT preload and she isnt at retirement age yet. live in the pacific northwest and is there a number i can call to look into all of this? upsers site drives me insane

I’ve been with UPS 23 years I’m in the west coast SoCal. So I need 5 more years to get peer 80. I’m currently 48 would be 53 when I could retire. I have back pain though and don’t know if I can make it 5 more years. Can I retire with 25 years of service at age 50?

rod

Retired 22 years
I don’t know busted knees, broken back. My body is the one telling me get out.
A driver friend of mine was on comp for 3 out of his last 5 years with back surgeries. He got his 30 in and is in fairly decent shape now that he has been retired for 10 years or so.

rod

Retired 22 years
Good luck getting any straight answers from either the Company or the Union. You will appear to be the first person to ever retire from UPS and nobody will be able to give you a correct answer to any retirement question. It happens to most everyone.

Shiftless

I’ve been with UPS 23 years I’m in the west coast SoCal. So I need 5 more years to get peer 80. I’m currently 48 would be 53 when I could retire. I have back pain though and don’t know if I can make it 5 more years. Can I retire with 25 years of service at age 50?
You wont find the answer here to your specific issue! You can contact Welcome | The Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust they govern your Teamster Retirement for the monetary portion. If you are So Cal and if its still the same, UPS controls your Welfare portion. Its not the same in all regions.

I was a So Cal Driver. I knew a guy who was 2 or three years away from retirement and he claims he got his retirement. His claim was both the company and the union agreed to it. How? is it true? It was his claim. He has moved away so cant contact him. Dont take it as an absolute possibility.

Altho I know he had Back issues and surgeries for a long time he said Dr's were involved on both sides. So I can only assume UPS and the Teamsters negotiated him out of the last years for him to meet the peer 80? Don't know for sure! And again cant contact him.

Basically? Your gonna be needing a Lawyer. Careful what you ask for tho. You make find your health issues remove you from working!

Overpaid Union Thug

Good luck getting any straight answers from either the Company or the Union. You will appear to be the first person to ever retire from UPS and nobody will be able to give you a correct answer to any retirement question. It happens to most everyone.
Well, we are talking about a company that forgets about peak every year and a union that has some of the worst voting participation numbers of any organization in the world.