Looking for Michigan advice

Frontflip

Been a driver for almost two years in Colorado but I’m looking to move back to Michigan to be near friends and family. I’m aware of the transferring/rehire issues but it would be worth it to me.

Since I was hired two years ago there have been maybe 30 drivers hired after me so Colorado is booming. I am just at the point where I’d rather not put financial freedom over friends family and putting myself first.

Was wondering if anyone had anything to say about metro Detroit centers regarding growth and hiring. Assuming volume is up everywhere but in considering my choices if anyone would recommend any centers looking for drivers. Looking for Waterford, Wixom, Milford etc side of town but would be open for almost anything.

I’ve already talked to my supes about it and they would be up for putting in a good word.

Livonia is the largest bldg in the metro area. They are experiencing tremendous growth right now due to Amazon. Plan B. would be Toledo. Commute to work but live in Michigan. Toledo is expanding and hiring every day

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Amazon is temporary volume.
Michigan has always lagged behind the rest of the USA in growth.
I would not move if you do not have a skill. Such as a class A CDL
You can always make new friends. Just hang out at the local weed shop.

Last edited:

Frontflip

Amazon is temporary volume.
Michigan has always lagged behind the rest of the USA in growth.
I would not move if you do not have a skill. Such as a class A CDL
You can always make new friends. Just hang out at the local weed shop.
I get that. That’s why I initially moved to Colorado. At this point I kind of want to move back even if UPS wouldn’t work out. My parents are getting up there and I regret missing 10 years worth of time as it is. I’d rather a job not work out and have to worry about making a living than have regrets about being around people that mean a lot to me.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I get that. That’s why I initially moved to Colorado. At this point I kind of want to move back even if UPS wouldn’t work out. My parents are getting up there and I regret missing 10 years worth of time as it is. I’d rather a job not work out and have to worry about making a living than have regrets about being around people that mean a lot to me.
Everything is temporary. Especially friends

nWo

Colorado just seems like a place people from Michigan wish they could go to retire.

And UPS may make you start back as a part timer for $15/hr.

nWo

I mean do what you got to do but a job a UPS in Michigan is in no way guaranteed. And best case scenario is the bottom 22.4 position working every Saturday for who knows how long.

JustDeliverIt

Not for nothing, see if you can transfer because you need to help take care of your parents. Get a doctor to sign off that one of them needs some extra assistance. Might be a smoother way to get back if you really want to and the building your looking at is hiring.