Looks like peak is over.

542thruNthru

Brought into the office today for SPORH. Was told my over allowed is too high. If I don't bring it down they will give me a 3 day "lock in" ride and hold me to that SPORH.

Told them I'm working safe and giving them a fair days work. Told me he doesn't want to hear our Union line.

Anyone else dealing with this stuff this month?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Brought into the office today for SPORH. Was told my over allowed is too high. If I don't bring it down they will give me a 3 day "lock in" ride and hold me to that SPORH.

Told them I'm working safe and giving them a fair days work. Told me he doesn't want to hear our Union line.

Article 37 line 1

Start keeping a notebook of what you do on a daily basis.

km3

No. I'm not a driver. But they are cracking down on attendance on the inside. I shouldn't have anything to worry about there.

They are trying to ram excessive volume on the sort aisle down our throats, though. They purposely placed me in a location where I wasn't able to turn the belt off once things got too crazy. If they do it again, I'm going to make an inquiry to OSHA over whether the specific circumstances constitute a violation or not. Shouldn't have to work in a situation where the belt is so full that I'm actually being pushed backwards, ONTO another belt.

542thruNthru

No. I'm not a driver. But they are cracking down on attendance on the inside. I shouldn't have anything to worry about there.

They are trying to ram excessive volume on the sort aisle down our throats, though. They purposely placed me in a location where I wasn't able to turn the belt off once things got too crazy. If they do it again, I'm going to make an inquiry to OSHA over whether the specific circumstances constitute a violation or not. Shouldn't have to work in a situation where the belt is so full that I'm actually being pushed backwards, ONTO another belt.

How far away is the shut-off from you? I might go as far as going to the nearest shut off and turning it off and walking back.

km3

I found that if I started sorting them, they didn't push on me anymore.

:teethy:

If I didn't have to SPA every package, I could've cleared it in no time. The equipment they provide us with is crap and disconnects every 15-25 scans. It's not like I was just standing there, y'know...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

There is no such thing, as a "lock in ride".

(how many times have I said this ?)

It's nothing more than petty intimidation tactics.

Told me he doesn't want to hear our Union line.

"Brown up.... Or, shut up"

Is this your first rodeo?

Flavor of the month, week, or day.

They move on.

Start keeping a notebook of what you do on a daily basis.

I know drivers that document everything. (on a daily basis, and on their own time)

Start time, number of stops, number of pieces, deviations in their dispatch.... etc.

The company won't come near them.

-Bug-

There is no such thing, as a "lock in ride".

(how many times have I said this ?)

It's nothing more than petty intimidation tactics.

"Brown up.... Or, shut up"

Flavor of the month, week, or day.

They move on.

I know drivers that document everything. (on a daily basis, and on their own time)

Start time, number of stops, number of pieces, deviations in their dispatch.... etc.

-Bug-
I've been doing that for years. It helped me tremendously at my first and last 9.5. meeting.

km3

How far away is the shut-off from you? I might go as far as going to the nearest shut off and turning it off and walking back.

About 20 feet...on the other side of a stack of packages intended for a belt that wasn't running and was full at the time. That wasn't an egress issue since I was the only person in the area at the time, and I was right next to the steps anyway. The trailer being unloaded was too far away for me to yell at them to hold up.

I was kidding.
The disconnects I don't like hearing though - can you make your sup call in a log to TSG?

When I was double shifting during peak, a PT sup from twilight who happened to be working midnight told me that the scanners used to load feeders needed to be turned off then on again 6 times before being brought to TSG. Incidentally, when he did exactly that, they told him to try 10 more times before bringing it back. Mind you, this is a completely different kind of scanning equipment. But if their flippant disregard for those scanners is any indication, I doubt they'd do anything about the ones we use on preload. This point notwithstanding...we have had several imprinters out for repair since before peak, and we still don't have them back yet.

If I was a driver, that's what I'd do. Asking your preloader to provide a statement, written or otherwise, noting any special directions or attention being paid to your load in particular wouldn't hurt either. Or if they gave you a different preloader than usual, that would be noteworthy too.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If I was a driver, that's what I'd do. Asking your preloader to provide a statement, written or otherwise, noting any special directions or attention being paid to your load in particular wouldn't hurt either. Or if they gave you a different preloader than usual, that would be noteworthy too.

It's funny, you say that.

The company "swears up and down" they don't groom loads, for a ride.

Unfortunately for them....

We have caught them in multiple lies, concerning that.

Physical evidence is a bitch. ;)

-Bug-

It's funny, you say that.

The company "swears up and down" they don't groom loads, for a ride.

Unfortunately for them....

We have caught them in multiple lies, concerning that.

Physical evidence is a bitch. ;)

-Bug-
They most certainly do groom. It also helped that I had written statements from my preloader.
They had two loaders in my truck during my 3 day ride. One to load and the other to fine sort.

You should have seen the look on the labor guy's face..... :censored2:ing priceless.

km3

I was kidding.
The disconnects I don't like hearing though - can you make your sup call in a log to TSG?

When I was double shifting during peak, a PT sup from twilight who happened to be working midnight told me that the scanners used to load feeders needed to be turned off then on again 6 times before being brought to TSG. Incidentally, when he did exactly that, they told him to try 10 more times before bringing it back. Mind you, this is a completely different kind of scanning equipment. But if their flippant disregard for those scanners is any indication, I doubt they'd do anything about the ones we use on preload. This point notwithstanding...we have had several imprinters out for repair since before peak, and we still don't have them back yet.

None of this is to say I won't try it; I just won't be surprised if it doesn't get me anywhere.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
All I have read in this thread is solid insight and advice, but let's not lose sight of the 'moral of this thread'.

It is for sure the 'killing season'.
Peak ending, coupled with the front half of a split raise, and it's the perfect storm.

The Company will, for sure, attempt to regain their pound of flesh.
They always do....

Last edited by a moderator: