Looks Like Sat. & Sun. For Express at Peak

MassWineGuy

Had a word with a manager yesterday about peak. Since Christmas falls on a Monday he said it’s probable that we’ll work both the Saturday and Sunday prior. I got the feeling that this won’t be a voluntary endeavor. I like volunteering to work on Christmas Day, so maybe I can skip Sunday.

!Retired!

Depends on your hours for the week, you may/can work both. DOT can't go over 70, non-DOT doesn't matter. As for Christmas Day (we're open until 12:00..though we were closed last year), I never have seniority to work that day. Kids are 19 and 17 and don't really care if I work.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Depends on your hours for the week, you may/can work both. DOT can't go over 70, non-DOT doesn't matter. As for Christmas Day (we're open until 12:00..though we were closed last year), I never have seniority to work that day. Kids are 19 and 17 and don't really care if I work.

Wouldn't your hours reset on Sunday, thus allowing you to work both the 23rd (Sat) and the 24th (Sun), if needed?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We were told that we will be working the two Saturdays before Christmas and the Sunday (Christmas Eve). I might have to get sick on Christmas Eve.

MassWineGuy

I’m part time so it would take a while to go over 60 hours (it’s 60 at my station). I was also made non-DOT, but there’s no way I’m going to work over 60 unless I want to. Knowing our bean-counting sm, it shouldn’t be an issue.

Indecisi0n

In my local I am a m-friend driver so we cannot be forced to work a Saturday or Sunday. Winning.

They been screwing us all year I can't wait for them to ask me so I can laugh in their face.

Oh snaps, just saw this was a purple thread.
Hey gurllllllll

bacha29

No, Saturday Night Fever. Go find an old copy , call off Saturday, maybe Sunday and who knows maybe if you're still not well call off on Monday and tell the boss man that you've got well Saturday Night Fever.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
"Forgetting" one's ID seems to have worked well for you in the past.
ID's are not required-Manager can provide you with a temporary badge.
Drivers License not required-Manager can provide you with a copy from your personnel file (happened to me).
Not having Corrective Lenses if required=Warning Letter.
Not working a scheduled day before or after the holiday=no holiday pay.
Scheduling a medical procedure before Peak hits is the preferred MO around here. It gets you out of Peak, but still costs you Holiday Pay.