Losing my Route because another Route was eliminated!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnotherFace

My question is this: A route in my hub was canceled and 50% was not moved to one route, but it acutullay was absorbed into 8 routes... So there are 8 routes going up for bid and 9 drivers, I'm the odd man out.. is there anything I can do? Anything could be helpful......

bumped

Why are the routes going up for bid? I'm sure none of the 8 routes changed more than50%. The drivers that have those routes should keep them as long as they have seniority to you.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
My question is this: A route in my hub was canceled and 50% was not moved to one route, but it acutullay was absorbed into 8 routes... So there are 8 routes going up for bid and 9 drivers, I'm the odd man out.. is there anything I can do? Anything could be helpful......
Sorry to hear.

Looking for a new job is one thing!

Shadow999

In our center, which is in Central States, when this situation arises, the person on the route being eliminated is able to follow any of his pkgs. In this case he would be able to bump to any of the eight routes. The affected driver is then able to bump according to his seniority.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
In our center, which is in Central States, when this situation arises, the person on the route being eliminated is able to follow any of his pkgs. In this case he would be able to bump to any of the eight routes. The affected driver is then able to bump according to his seniority.

the drivers whos route is eliminated may bump any route lower in seniority, sure. However, it doesn't seem as though the OP has any juice for that option.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
In our center in this situation the driver who lost the route could bump any junior driver off of his bid route or stay unassigned.

AnotherFace

So my situation kind weird... I'm #19 out of 26 drivers. But I had a assigned route, with 3
Relief drivers with more seniority which all 3 would pass my route because it was one of the hardest routes stop wise. So I would get to work quite a bit. Now that that these 8 routes went up for bid the driver had to pick between mine and the other hardest route. In conclusion I drop back to my place in the line up and I Would have to have 4 drivers off in one day to be able to drive, just for that one day, or just bump a part timer for the next 3 to 4 yes till there is movement. So I was wonder if there was anything I could do......

UPSSOCKS

Best of Luck to you!!!! Or you could call your local? They should respond by 2015

browniehound

I can't imagine why anyone would leave feeders: whisper, cough, cough...lol

I'm dying over here in package!

To be honest, I wouldn't mind package if I was dispactched under 9 everyday. In this scenario I like the exercise and the stop of the truck every couple or five minutes(I wouldn't like to drive 8-12 hours straight at night in a feeder). However, I don't like splits miles out of the way with small businesses or schools housed in them. On top of that challenge, getting dispatch 10-30 stops over you max. It happens every summer where I come from and we don't have a fighting chance to make 9.5.

It would be ok if my(our) stops were in range, but still, the extra miles and breaking for businesses is a waste of fuel and OT labor. It kills every driver I know.

UPS makes enough money, why not put in the other route and make our customers happy. I know our medium shippers do not appreciate getting their parcels at 1600.

Keep the base in, reduce OT hours, make our shippers happy and make hundreds of millions dollars and grow the volume.

Instead, we cut the base, increase the paid day and OT hours, pee off our customers, make hundreds of millions of dollars but live with flat or zero domestic volume growth. Fed-Ex ground is there at 930!

I would try it the former way at the risk of losing my job.

I just think we are better off with the extra driver in the plan and not adding the extra driver at the last second that wastes fuel and labor time meeting 6 other drivers (and their labor time transfering work). He showed up for work so you have to pay him in someway. If he is under 8 there is always somethinghe can do to keep the cost down of other drivers.

This is my uneducated observation at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.