Losing Walmart Account

well turn a sales lead in and try to get them back. NOT im a ********** delivery driver not a sales person if i wanted to be in sales i would not be chucking cardboard every day...

Last edited by a moderator:

hdtvtechno

Let's not forget about shopping for the customers. The customer will call a special 800 number and place their grocery order. It will then be sent to the driver who has that area that day. The driver has to go to the grocery store, pick out the specified items, stand in line to pay, and then deliver the groceries to the customer. And that driver BETTER be under nine five! The IE people say it's not a problem because most routes have super markets on them anyway. Shouldn't take that long...

PeaPod ?

klein

Für Meno :)
well turn a sales lead in and try to get them back. NOT im a ***** delivery driver not a sales person if i wanted to be in sales i would not be chucking cardboard every day...

Can't get them back now, until they are unsatsfied with thier new service.
Thats how it works, besides, they are cheaper to use.

Last edited by a moderator:

undercoversupe

Sadly, I think it will only get worse. With the current CEO not coming up through the traditional channels, The board is trying to move the stock price. Well I've got news, the stock has been stagnant for a while. You can only cut so much stuff before employee morale starts to trickle out into day to day business whether your union or non union. Sr. Management has truly lost our "Service mindset" when it comes to our customers.

overallowed

BD says along with price, ST is concerned about the damaged packages and our inablity to get multiple shipments together.[/QUOTE]

If this is the main reason for their leaving UPS, they will be back soon. Every place I deliver to that offers feedback says FedEx in worse at this problem than we are.

klein

Für Meno :)
BD says along with price, ST is concerned about the damaged packages and our inablity to get multiple shipments together.

If this is the main reason for their leaving UPS, they will be back soon. Every place I deliver to that offers feedback says FedEx in worse at this problem than we are.[/QUOTE]

I doubt that, atleast on the route I had.
Mutiple packages barely got delivered.
The ones I had (2 out of 3), would have to take 2 back to DCR.. get the third one on my truck next day (but without the other 2).. then bring back the single one, and get the other 2 back the other day( with the other one missing).
And then, if all fails, they just send the 1, or the 2 back to sender.
And this goes on for atleast a whole week. If it's not completed by then, everything goes back, even if I finally got all 3 together.. because by then the order has been cancelled.
Thats how I lost Homeoffice Depot !
(had one on my truck, and DCR sent it back - I didn't know), and the next 2 showed up next day... waited for the first one to get back to me... ofcourse , never did, because DCR returned it to sender.
Told them, over and over again, just leave the uncompleted ones on my truck, and all will be fine.
NOPE !
Home OFFice depot is huge ! They lost most of it.

One time it took me 2 weeks to gather all 5 packages togther... would get 3, then 2, then 4, then 3 again and so on.
I bitched like hell.
Didn't help, had to follow procedures, and empty my truck at end of day.

Not to mention the ones that got mistakenly sent back to sender, and were never completed as a delivery.

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
I'm sure you all know, it's called "churn", boys.

Hopefully they'll be back, á la LL Bean.
Really? UPS likes the Bean account? We at ground were told that UPS basically bought the business. That is the discount they were given made it impossible for UPS to break even, let alone make a profit on it. If that's the kind of business they want, they are going to have to lean even harder on drivers. In sports I think that's called "playing down to the competition" and you deserve to lose when you do that.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I would hope this trend doesn't continue, but I have a feeling that it may slide into a major issue for UPS as we try to climb out of the recession. Just like any other account that UPS sells, they are more concerned to get you to sign on the dotted line, than to continue supporting the shipper.

Management will start hounding the drivers to get more "mom and pop" sales leads, while the major shippers get sick of how they are treated with lack of SERVICE. With all our new technological advances in the UPS system, they still want the employees to go faster than the tech. really allows them to do. That's when you get misloads in trucks, damaged packages in trailers, bad pal or address corrections, buried trucks where you can't find packages when you are there.

As always, Atlanta will just sit there in their leather chairs drinking expensive coffee as they each walk up and take turns punching a UPS driver dummy hanging like a speed bag behind the CEO's chair. It's always the driver's fault. ALWAYS

JustTired

free at last.......
The board is trying to move the stock price.

Well.....if you let Wall Street dictate your business model.......you get what you deserve!!!!!

The money should be spent on trying to return to a privately held company instead of all of this micro-management BS. Otherwise, I believe the writing is on the wall. JMO

Overpaid Union Thug

I would hope this trend doesn't continue, but I have a feeling that it may slide into a major issue for UPS as we try to climb out of the recession. Just like any other account that UPS sells, they are more concerned to get you to sign on the dotted line, than to continue supporting the shipper.

Management will start hounding the drivers to get more "mom and pop" sales leads, while the major shippers get sick of how they are treated with lack of SERVICE. With all our new technological advances in the UPS system, they still want the employees to go faster than the tech. really allows them to do. That's when you get misloads in trucks, damaged packages in trailers, bad pal or address corrections, buried trucks where you can't find packages when you are there.

As always, Atlanta will just sit there in their leather chairs drinking expensive coffee as they each walk up and take turns punching a UPS driver dummy hanging like a speed bag behind the CEO's chair. It's always the driver's fault. ALWAYS

I was covering a route last week and there were two pickups on it that had been cancelled but I didn't know it. They were small mom and pop businesses. They both told me that they cancelled the accounts because they were tired of not being able to contact their account rep and also that their reps kept changing. We hadn't even started picking up packages from these two accounts yet and they were cancelled! I guess once they agreed to ship with us the sales "team" just left them out to dry. After a month the people didn't even know how to set up their shipments.

So, I figured that situation kind of summed up UPS as a whole. Corporate UPS treating our customers like crap and selfish drivers too worried about getting off early and bonus to take the time to point the customers in the right direction. Or at least take the time to tell the OCS Clerk to remove the pickups from the DIAD.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I don't shop at Walmart but I am sorry to lose any business especially a large account as them. However, Target is a large customer of UPS how about we all shift our shopping needs to Target

Around here some of the employees of the dillons stores(Kroger) are union so that makes the decision on where to shop alot easier!!

40 and out

A la LTD Commodities.
I realize this is a whole "nuther thread but.....Does LTD not grasp the concept of tape instead of bands????

At least I can find my way back to my package car thanks to the trail of styrofoam leading from my car up to the house. Why do we allow this ***** packaging to continue?

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
as they each walk up and take turns punching a UPS driver dummy hanging like a speed bag behind the CEO's chair.

I hear they did away with the corporate gym membership and replaced it with the above dummy to practice their "TAIBO". I wonder what part of the dummy their blows are concentrated on?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I hear they did away with the corporate gym membership and replaced it with the above dummy to practice their "TAIBO". I wonder what part of the dummy their blows are concentrated on?

Probably targeting the front pant pockets where I place my check every Friday morning !! :surprised::happy-very:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I was covering a route last week and there were two pickups on it that had been cancelled but I didn't know it. They were small mom and pop businesses. They both told me that they cancelled the accounts because they were tired of not being able to contact their account rep and also that their reps kept changing. We hadn't even started picking up packages from these two accounts yet and they were cancelled! I guess once they agreed to ship with us the sales "team" just left them out to dry. After a month the people didn't even know how to set up their shipments.

So, I figured that situation kind of summed up UPS as a whole. Corporate UPS treating our customers like crap and selfish drivers too worried about getting off early and bonus to take the time to point the customers in the right direction. Or at least take the time to tell the OCS Clerk to remove the pickups from the DIAD.
Good luck with that. I've been asking mine to remove the Alltell account from my board for months, but she says it's still an active account and can't do it yet. I think about this all the time as I drive up, look into the empty windows for a sign of life and hit stop complete.

A la LTD Commodities.
I realize this is a whole "nuther thread but.....Does LTD not grasp the concept of tape instead of bands????
+1

At least I can find my way back to my package car thanks to the trail of styrofoam leading from my car up to the house. Why do we allow this ***** packaging to continue?
This is the same thing that I was gonna posts in reply to danlin, LOL.

babboo25

Banned
We lost Walmart? Who cares, we will still get some of that business. Fedex cant handle all that volume anyway. We have 5 Walmarts in our center and all of those are delivered before 930 usually. Very few of those pkgs delivered were site to store, even during peak. So less time spent waiting at Walmart will just help us all get to our next bulk stop sooner. Not to mention the on calls for the jewelry dept, thats 15 minutes alone. Fedex can have that account and please keep it forever. As cheap as Walmart is they will never be satisfied with their shippers.