Losing Walmart Account

bluehdmc

Re: Walmart telling it's customers to ship fed ex

Is this sort of thing legal for Walmart to do?
Maybe for 1 or 2 suppliers but if this is going on in other places it doesn't seem legal to me.
This is the sort of thing Standard Oil did to get a monopoly on the oil business.
What are Fedex rates going to be if they have a monopoly on shipping to Walmart?
Has Fred S been playing golf with the Waltons, and offering them plane rides on his fleet?
Maybe UPS should look into this and advise employees to shop elsewhere, make it a campaign like the letter writing thing.

STLFeeder

Need LS7 powered PKG car

Ups shouldn't have to advise employees not to ship there. The teamsters and any other union has always been against the rank and file shopping there. I don't shop there personally but the wife does occasionally. I have been fine with it since walmart has been doing business with our company. Now that they are not only switching to fedex but also trying to get our customers to go that way, I told her no more trips to walmart unless she has a picket.

D

Dis-organized Labor

It really depends on who pays the shipping fee.
It is probably Walmart. They have the right to define who they pay for the shipping.
We own a small business and often stipulate who we wants goods shipped by, especially since it's our nickel.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
ive heard nothing about this in so fla ,,, , if were gonna lose a account let it be those heavy mona vie boxes or nutra-system!

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...

Maybe UPS should look into this and advise employees to shop elsewhere, make it a campaign like the letter writing thing.

Np, you want to keep an open dialog with Walmart in case you can win their business back. Look, decisions are made at the corporate level (as one poster noted), nothing we can do but comply.

In this business if you don't already know, accounts big and small come and go. It doesn't matter if the people on the dock hate FDX because I'm sure they say the same about us to FDX when we're not there.

Overpaid Union Thug

With the recent talk of Walmart supposedly trying to steer people away from UPS simply because of it being a unionized company maybe it would be a good idea for all union employes (every union no matter what the employer) to come together and agree not to shop at Walmart. We should do this only in the event that we lose Walmart. I'm all for competition but to drop the best shipping company based on a personal beef with unions is wrong. And if they are going to try and convince other customers to switch based on the same reason then they would definitely deserve to lose the millions of dollars in business that union members pump into Walmart on a daily basis.

I can take losing a customer based on price or performance (its usually because of the first one) because we can always win them back later based on one or both of those reasons but to be a victim of this kind of dirty business pisses me off. If Walmart's treats their employees well and they don't want a union then they have nothing to worry about right? So, why try and sabotage other companies business?

My family shops at Walmart almost every week. I've always liked the stores. They have almost everything I could want there but occasionally I get fed up with the crowds and will go elsewhere. Hearing about Walmart's dirty tactics make me not want to shop there at all. Could a union worker boycott put a dent in their profits and send them a message.

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper

and the people on the dock have no kind of say so in the matter either just like us.

i despise the thought of even going near the wal mart in my town.

rocket man

It really depends on who pays the shipping fee.
It is probably Walmart. They have the right to define who they pay for the shipping.
We own a small business and often stipulate who we wants goods shipped by, especially since it's our nickel.
walmart dose not pay the shipping they dont even pay there vendors 90 to 180 days at a time . since it hasnt started yet we should RTS EVERY THING THEY SEND NOW. boy i hope it dont get lost and go to over goods that would be bad.

paidslave

Re: Walmart Sabotage? Maybe Union Workers Should Boycott Walmart?

With the recent talk of Walmart supposedly trying to steer people away from UPS simply because of it being a unionized company maybe it would be a good idea for all union employes (every union no matter what the employer) to come together and agree not to shop at Walmart. We should do this only in the event that we lose Walmart. I'm all for competition but to drop the best shipping company based on a personal beef with unions is wrong. And if they are going to try and convince other customers to switch based on the same reason then they would definitely deserve to lose the millions of dollars in business that union members pump into Walmart on a daily basis.

I can take losing a customer based on price or performance (its usually because of the first one) because we can always win them back later based on one or both of those reasons but to be a victim of this kind of dirty business pisses me off. If Walmart's treats their employees well and they don't want a union then they have nothing to worry about right? So, why try and sabotage other companies business?

My family shops at Walmart almost every week. I've always liked the stores. They have almost everything I could want there but occasionally I get fed up with the crowds and will go elsewhere. Hearing about Walmart's dirty tactics make me not want to shop there at all. Could a union worker boycott put a dent in their profits and send them a message.

This teamster is not a Walmart shopper. I refuse to go in that store unless I absolutely have to. This store has ruined this country and will continue to do so at a grand scale. Small business cannot compete and are forcing small business to close up. They can kiss my arse for bashing UPS. We all know we are better then FEDEX GROUND without question so this is complete nonsense that Walmart believes FEDX is better.......

I hope many Teamsters refuse going to this store as well! Shop where we are welcome.

Walmart doesn't like UNIONS so spend your money else where

They have a choice and so do we!

rocket man

fikinnn cant get 100 people at a union meeting your gonna boycott wallmart 4oo billion dollar corp.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!

I would be tickled pink if we has 100 at a general membership meeting!!!!!!!!!

As for Wal-Mart our local has strongly discouraged its members from shopping there for a long time.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"

:dissapointed:I have not set foot in Wall Mart in years because of their anti-union policies.I have encouraged my fellow workers and family members to shop elsewhere.I cannot stop my mother-in-law from going there though. She is a retired union garment worker and I have had numerous good natured arguments with her,but she loves the bargains and spends a couple of hours there each week. Maybe the greeter is a nice looking older gentleman.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Wal-Mart...your source for cheap plastic crap.

I refuse to shop there for any reason. If I cant find it anywhere else, I do without it.

TheDick

Wal-Mart...your source for cheap plastic crap.

I refuse to shop there for any reason. If I cant find it anywhere else, I do without it.

+1
I cant believe any teamster would shop there.
BTW Rep politicians are anti-union also. You can boycott them too.

TheDick

FDX ground guy confirmed the Walmart rumor. But on the bright side we won KaiserPermanente back from FDX. At first we had partial volume now we have total volume pcs from them

Jim Kemp

I feel the same way. I have not set foot in a wal-mart in years. I have recently added Whole Foods(CEO said unions are like a case of Herpes) and the Home Depot to the companies that I will not shop.

Does someone have a list of companies that are Pro Union, probably a very short list, or at least not so anti-union?

klein

Für Meno :)

I never shopped at Walmart, except for once, when it was cold outside, and I took my lunch break in thier parking lot... I bought a brown sweater for $10.00, to go with my uniform, and to keep me warm.
But, other then that.. on another thread, I told I rather pay $6.00 for pototoes then $2.00 at Wallmart. I just hate that store, always have. I can't believe they actually have people working there.
Since all I hear is how badly they treat them, and all thier lawsuits.

I shop at union stores, and buy union made products as much as I can.

For example, I only shop at Safeway.. they have a great union.
They pay double time for OT... treat thier employees great.
And excellent customer service (workers are happy there).

klein

Für Meno :)

FDX ground guy confirmed the Walmart rumor. But on the bright side we won KaiserPermanente back from FDX. At first we had partial volume now we have total volume pcs from them

Trust me, if it was worth fighting over. UPS would have kept it.
I believe UPS lost money with Walmart, or just broke even.

It's not a big loss.
Now Fedex ground will pay the price ! :)