Loss of accrued vacation on workers comp

Swngdrvr

Hey guys, I've been out of work since July 12. Looking through the packet from HR, it says "for each additional 30 days of leave beyond 60 days of a fiscal year, an employee loses 1 month of vacation accrual."

Can anyone explain what this means? I currently have 3 weeks, first time bidding 3 was last year. My 5 year mark was October 2015.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Hey guys, I've been out of work since July 12. Looking through the packet from HR, it says "for each additional 30 days of leave beyond 60 days of a fiscal year, an employee loses 1 month of vacation accrual."

Can anyone explain what this means? I currently have 3 weeks, first time bidding 3 was last year. My 5 year mark was October 2015.
I believe I know the answer but I'm not 100% sure, so I don't want to give you bad info. Sorry. Someone will let you know eventually.

Maui

Based on your years of service you accrue a certain number of vacation hours each month for the following fiscal year( only 10 month count). It is available in PRISM under VACCALC or something like that. You probably earn about 12 hours/month. So if you were out 6 months, then you lost 12*4=48 hours. These are not exact numbers of course, but I think you get the idea.

Swngdrvr

Based on your years of service you accrue a certain number of vacation hours each month for the following fiscal year( only 10 month count). It is available in PRISM under VACCALC or something like that. You probably earn about 12 hours/month. So if you were out 6 months, then you lost 12*4=48 hours. These are not exact numbers of course, but I think you get the idea.

So will I lose some of my 3 weeks I have now? Or will it take longer to get to my 4th week?

By The Book

So will I lose some of my 3 weeks I have now? Or will it take longer to get to my 4th week?
Just spitballing here but I would think if you had 3 weeks available to use now, you will have time deducted. You will lose 3.5 months of vacation accrual if you earn vacation January 1 to January 1. This is based on you being out July 12th to January 12th, losing vacation accrual from September 12th.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
IMG_0215.JPG

Maui

Some of the vacation you would have now. You earn vacation for FY18 (June 2017-May 2018) this year. Since you did not work those months, then you did not earn the time for next year. Only the time after 60 days count because only 10 months are counted each year.

Your years of service are not affected so you will earn your full vacation for FY19 and beyond and get your 4th week at 10 years.

dezguy

It will not take longer to get your 4th week. You get extra vacations based on years of employment.

Where I am, you start with the standard 2 weeks. After 3 years you gain an extra week and at 10 you get a 4th. Starting at year 15, we receive an extra day vacation till we hit 20 years and we get 5 weeks vacation and that is the most FedEx will give you.

If you schedule your vacations on weeks with holidays and use your floaters and PB's, it is possible to get to 7 weeks vacation for the year but you'd better have pretty high seniority to even think that is going to happen.