Loss of Coverage. COBRA ?

BUCN85

I'm in the central states and got a letter from Team Care today about "right to continue health coverage" it's a lengthy letter and I can't get ahold of their office since it's closed. It basically states "loss of coverage date" 3/19/2017 and is asking me to elect to continue coverage through COBRA by making self payments. Very confused over this.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I'm in the central states and got a letter from Team Care today about "right to continue health coverage" it's a lengthy letter and I can't get ahold of their office since it's closed. It basically states "loss of coverage date" 3/19/2017 and is asking me to elect to continue coverage through COBRA by making self payments. Very confused over this.
If you are still working there and didn't have any medical appointments in the last couple of weeks I wouldn't worry about it

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Pension and insurance don't continue for FMLA where I am. Perhaps read the useful teamster handbook for ur area

BUCN85

Planning on calling in the AM. Can't imagine what's going on. Of all times for insurance to be discontinued this is not the time...

BUCN85

How convenient. Their office doesn't open until 9am-6pm. Knowing the job we have why would t these offices be open earlier and close later. Nice! Hope they will talk to my wife because god forbid the cable company won't even talk to her about anything! Hah

barnyard

KTM rider
We had similar issues way back when. The very 1st time my wife called, I think she needed to know my employee ID. After the 1st call, she was able to take care of everything.

If they give her a hard time (I really doubt that they will), ask your wife to make a telephone appointment with whomever you need to speak. Make the time for whenever you usually take break and then take break and make the call.

Johney

I would start with calling HR,they are the ones who are telling CS that you are not on the books.3/19 is the last time UPS paid your benefits. You need to call HR.

barnyard

KTM rider
3/19 is the last time UPS paid your benefits. You need to call HR.

Not necessarily.

I am also in CS. I traded a vacation week, a while back. HR never got the message and treated my new vacation week as a week off without pay. I did not get the letter until 4-5 weeks later, the coverage lapse was only for that week. We did not have any doctor visits, so we just let it go.

I am pretty sure that he will get 1 letter per week of lapsed coverage, not 1 letter to cover the whole thing.

Regardless, I hope that it is straightened out quickly and that buc's wife is doing well.