Lost 2 packages off the truck. -_-

Long story short, my back door bounced open and 2 packages had to of fallen out. I know this because my route was finished and I loaded 16 Eregs into my truck for another driver that couldnt fit them in their truck when i got back to the warehouse. I reported this immediately to my manager who was still there when i came back. I did report this truck before for its back door bouncing open without using the key fob, but she told me its still my fault because i should be using the chain. {which i wouldnt argue against} then she said enter them not found and sort of left me to go finish my pick ups. She didnt seem mad but who knows whats lurking.

Just wondering how :censored2:ed am I? anything i can do to protect myself or is it just the waiting game.

rod

Retired 22 years
Never speak of it again. You reported it--now the ball is in their court and most of them are too lazy to take on any additional paperwork. Good luck.

iruhnman630

Its always fun seeing that daylight in the back when opening the bulkhead door.

I actually had the plate that was welded to the floor which the door hook grabs break off the floor once.

The welds just failed, and it was dangling on the hook, after about a 2 mile drive down a dirt road and up a driveway. Good times.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
bump-wrestling.gif

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
They might try to hit you with not chaining the door shut on drive back. But glad you reported it rather than coming on here asking what to do.
I’m paranoid about my back door. I pick up 600+ on heavy days on that route and most of it is pharmaceuticals. I care about people getting their medicine so I don’t want to be held responsible for losing it when it’s in my hands back to the center for sort hours.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Happened here to a buddy of mine recently...lost 3 pkgs as he was merging on the highway in the morning cause he didn’t shut the door completely during pretrip. He pulled over and reported it right away, and never heard another word about it

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Front 2 seconds, rear 5-8 seconds.....how would they not be seen in the mirrors if they're big af?
Trying to think how he couldn’t hear the back door slide all the way up. Even if it was half way you would hear the door crashing on the hooks. Plus the rear view camera 9/10 sees the door.
What I’ve always noticed is look for the shield

Trying to think how he couldn’t hear the back door slide all the way up. Even if it was half way you would hear the door crashing on the hooks. Plus the rear view camera 9/10 sees the door.
What I’ve always noticed is look for the shield
this has happend before with this truck, it sorta just slowly rolls up, something is wrong with the latch because you can just open and close it without the fob. i normally remember to chain it and im the only one who has reported it to the mechanics and filled out the book.

Rack em

Made the Podium
You'll be fine. Like others have said, you reported it right away so I think the worst that happens is a warning letter.

Air Recovery

When i was weeks new I drove down the main street with 3 heavy bulk stops in one of our f650 straight trucks.....

Back door open.

Packages everywhere in yard and on main street.

Dozens of drivers hazards on got out and were tossing the boxes over perim fence to my center manager who was stacking them on a cart.

Few months after that i passed my 30 days.

Ur fine

BrownSnowFlake

Happened to me once. Lost $1000 worth of hops on the highway. I like to imagine that some kids found it, rolled a fattie, and were very disappointed.

:censored2: happens. Learn from it and drive on. If your backing camera is adjusted properly you should be able to just barely see the door handle on your monitor, and verify that it’s closed.