Lost a regular customer today

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
That is pretty sad. A few months ago, a 30-something year old guy that was a regular in town (he had a different driver everyday, we all knew him, I don't have to explain that to you guys) was shot and killed while he was upstairs in his home by a stray bullet from a gun fight that erupted on his block. He was a very nice man, it was a real waste.

And yes, parts of the town I deliver in are like that.

UPSmeoff

I have had a few good customers die over the years. It's always awkward for a few weeks afterwards dealing with family and coworkers.
There is inevitably a few packages that the deceased had ordered before they died. I always feel like i'm dredging up memories whenever i show up.
I am truly sorry for your loss.

ymelord

It does always suck. I'm a 30 year driver, I know almost everybody in my town, I lose a current or past customer every week, sometimes 2 or 3. It's been great being friends with all the families through the years, but as everybody has gotten older, and are starting to pass, like I said before it sucks. I keep telling myself, the positive of knowing everybody for all these years is worth sadness I feel when they pass. Sorry Dude

iruhnman630

When I watch the news anymore I find myself asking if I know the victims or the locations. More and more the answer is yes.

rod

Retired 22 years
Don't do like I did when I delivered to a house that had a bunch of cars parked outside and ask them if they had a party going on (not knowing that the gentelman had died the night before of a sudden heart attack. In my defense I had just delivered to him the day before and he was joking around with me as he always did. I felt about an inch tall. I never used the "having a party?" line again when delivering to a place with a bunch of cars parked outside.

Thebrownstreak

Most Akward delivery I made was at a house where one family member of the family shot and killed another family member right in the front yard. Came down the street and there were cops everywhere. This was in a really rich section of town. Cop said "gotta come back tomorrow". Looked over and saw the body In the yard. Lady came to the door the next day crying like crazy.