Lost another brother.

Box Ox

Take all the time you need to drink water and screw what the company says..

100%. Big difference between knowing to drink water and knowing how much you need to drink to stay comfortably ahead of perspiration. It does take more time. Severe dehydration is super scary and I’m glad I made it through my own learning experience.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.

Stay hydrated out there brothers and sisters. Take all the time you need to drink water and screw what the company says..
B620FA40-1A4D-49C2-A2CA-816A631995F2.jpeg

This crap ain’t safe to work in.. and this is in minnesota a week ago 🥵 💀

YeeYee

Sad man. Condolences to his family. Take as many breaks as you need out there. The company could give 2 rips about your well-being. RIP brother.

Box Ox

Take as many breaks as you need out there. The company could give 2 rips about your well-being.

Yep. I think for younger drivers the urge to please and perform as they’re told they need to can be stronger than their sense of their own mortality. Potentially dying feels like a very…abstract thing that could never happen to them any time soon.

So it’s important for them to read and think about stories like the one posted above and really start looking out for themselves when alone on a route.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Jfc...turn off the ac in the board room for a day and bring in heaters to show these :censored2:ers what its like..shameful
I can tell you first hand how much office people piss and moan and cry for sympathy when the A/C is down. A 78 degree office doesn't come close to this but I'm willing to bet things would change quick if you held their air conditioning hostage.

El Correcto

god is dead
Had a driver collapse in our center during summer. That hot metal floor in the package car is no joke, he was lucky he did it in front of a business and they came out to check for their package pretty quickly. Probably would of died if he was on a rural route out by someone’s house who wasn’t home. I think most of the time it is just the driver wanting to get off early, you just want to be like oh I’ll get a drink after I finish the section or I don’t want to break from this area and have to come back later but I’m out of water.

I’ve caught myself doing that before, once severe dehydration kicks in it’ll cloud your mind and judgement leading to heat stroke.

El Correcto

god is dead
I had a supervisor threaten me with a warning letter during a ride along for stopping at a cool zone. Tried to tell me I had to save some of my hour lunch for stuff like this. It just isn’t true, the company won’t have the nerve to punish you for this with the amount of drivers that go down from heat exhaustion. I would of had a field day with that warning letter if he had the balls to write it.

textat3

Cool solutions are heat related breaks that are outside of any lunch/breaks required per your local supplement.
One of the “cool solutions“ methods is to take your lunch, at the appropriate time (likely the hottest part of the day), in a cool ac space. If you need to get drinks, rest, cool down, or take a mental health break due to the heat, that is on company time. Safety is number 1. Any issues from management call your BA, shop stewart, OSHA, email Carol, your health and safety co chair, local news channel Etc. Seriously do not play around with your health in the heat. Drivers need to take ownership of heat related safety issues because the challenges out in the heat are all too real.