Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Last month I was out for two weeks for a non work related surgery, both my center manager and my shop steward said I didn’t need to worry about not getting my one day a week in payroll to keep my health benefits. Just got the letter today from Central States saying my insurance coverage has been terminated and given an application for cobra. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Last month I was out for two weeks for a non work related surgery, both my center manager and my shop steward said I didn’t need to worry about not getting my one day a week in payroll to keep my health benefits. Just got the letter today from Central States saying my insurance coverage has been terminated and given an application for cobra. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

File FMLA paperwork retroactive to the time you were out

saintrick

Also could look if you can file short term disability after the fact.
See if the manager will put in a payroll adjustment if you have any vacation or option days you could use.

CoolStoryBro

In my area you fill out FLMA paperwork as well as short term disability paperwork.

If you just peaced out and chilled at home without contacting the union how will they know to keep your benefits going?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
If FMLA or short term disability don’t work, then be sure to just pay the COBRA. Probably pales in comparison to the bills you got.

IESucks

Last month I was out for two weeks for a non work related surgery, both my center manager and my shop steward said I didn’t need to worry about not getting my one day a week in payroll to keep my health benefits. Just got the letter today from Central States saying my insurance coverage has been terminated and given an application for cobra. Any help or advice would be appreciated.[/
They were terribly wrong and any surgery or med bills won't be paid for those two weeks.

IESucks

They were terribly wrong. Any bills for those two weeks will be unpaid by insurance.

IESucks

Are you the one I tried to inform about vacation pay for the wrong week for dental surgery?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You couldn't fake getting hurt on the job?

Heavy Package

both my center manager and my shop steward said I didn’t need to worry about not getting my one day a week in payroll to keep my health benefits. Just got the letter today from Central States saying my insurance coverage has been terminated and given an application for cobra. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Scary stuff. Can happen to anyone. We are currently going around and around with primary / secondary coverage on medical bills and I feel like getting Marks and Harrison on my side to get them to say "You mean business!"

Johney

Yeah I’ve been for over a month. Manager said the insurance coverage should have kicked in again after I came back to work and that I wouldn’t be covered for just that one week I didn’t work. I’ll have to call Monday and make sure.
Then I wouldn't worry about it unless some medical bills weren't covered.