Lost route. Can’t bump

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
In our center whenever something like this happened, the affected driver was allowed to bid on any route with a driver that had less seniority. This was done up to three driver rebids and then management made the final move of their choice if they wanted.

JustDeliverIt

If the route was Tuesday to Saturday it would be reposted to bid. And who ever took that route should have their job posted for bid so @BPG17 should be allowed to bid that route.

That's what happened, at least by the sound of it. And a high seniority driver bid his route once it switched. Theys should rebid every route down until something opens up for the OP. Assuming that someone with more seniority didn't have a FT cover bid that takes a route, then he would be left with that.

JustDeliverIt

Someone higher up then me. So basically I’m stuck in a revolving door where I have junior guys with M-friend routes I’d be willing to take, and senior guys grabbing the routes people moved off of. It’s just amazing to me that my only resort is unassigned cover, or wait for a route that goes up. All because of a shift change. Not because the route was actually cut out. In that case, I’d be able to move over without a problem. With our bids another 8 months out, I’m just trying to stay positive. I know it’s just a change of pace, but I like the stability and knowing my own area. It seems bizarre that they could change the top guys route and he would be left with either winning the bid and go into Saturdays or have to be a cover driver until another bid goes up. Thats why this situation is suspicious to me. And with my union representatives basically telling me to kick sand, it makes me wonder if they really deserve the extra dues they decided we needed to pay last year.

Furthermore, my vacations were picked and planned months ago on the T-S work week. I’m waiting for the call saying I’ll have to adjust my flights hotels because they decided to change things up.

Yeah, the change in schedule opens it up for rebid. But every driver that leaves a route to bid a new one, those routes should be rebid as well. Eventually, something should open up for you to take unless a higer seniority driver had a FT cover bid and that's what is left.

As for your vacations that you have planned, save a sick day. If you want to work with them, ask for an option day rather than adjusting everything. Sick days they can't deny you so just call in and go enjoy an extra day on vacation.