$ lost sorting truck during lunch?

rod

Retired 22 years
I suppose everyone is guilty of it in their rookie years. Why is there a need to do this now? I though your magical machine kept track of your next stop and how many pkgs it has.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
OFF PEAK: “MANDATORY LUNCH GUYS OR DISCIPLINE”

PEAK: “THANKS GUYS, NO NEED TO TAKE LUNCH ..JUST BE SAFE THE LAST STOP IS THE MOST IMPORTANT”

Overpaid Union Thug

I’m the only driver in my center that doesn’t sort for free. I know this because all of my past on car soups, as well as the current one, have told me I always show up on a report (and am occasionally mentioned in a conference call) for my idle time immediately after lunch. Each new district supervisor brings it up when they see it for the first time but never mention it again once they’re told what’s going on. LOL

JJinVA

I dont sort my truck during lunch. I code out the 10 minute paid break under OtherWork (big arrow down once, 'v') although it usually takes closer to 15 minutes

Over70irregs

Approx $1700 per year? Disclaimer not including days off, vacations, floaters, RO’s. Now add skipped 10 min breaks if you are inclined to partake. You get 3 10 min breaks if you work Covid hours. Thats why they push back start times and claim such high profits yall. Lunch skips, sort lunch, skipped breaks got us where we are now. Oh forgot about greed.

Last edited:

Seymour Packages

Right after I qualified, I would still sort for the last 15 minutes of my lunch. That faded away once I realized that I had gotten the job and there were no more hoops to jump through. If the back needs to be sorted, it gets done as soon as I come off lunch.

govols019

You smell that?
I’m the only driver in my center that doesn’t sort for free. I know this because all of my past on car soups, as well as the current one, have told me I always show up on a report (and am occasionally mentioned in a conference call) for my idle time immediately after lunch. Each new district supervisor brings it up when they see it for the first time but never mention it again once they’re told what’s going on. LOL

I'm confused...why would your idle time be high immediately after lunch? Y'all have AC now?

Package Stick

"Send it."
Let's use $38 an hour as a base (am lazy, close to top rate). And 125,000 PACKAGE CAR DRIVERS AT TOP RATE (It's close enough).

20 minutes a day (5 days a week, some may sort for more or less, I don't care about them (will also include those that sort for the FULL hour)).

261 working days in a year (Google, am lazy).

20 minutes x 261 = 5220 minutes or 87 hours a YEAR = $3306 at $38 an hour. Or 125,000 (for all package car drivers at top rate) x 3306 = forty-one million, three hundred twenty-five thousand U.S. dollars

Now you're sorting for the for THE FULL HOUR (at "base" top rate, YOU'RE STUPID)

15660 minutes a year (or) = 261 hours a YEAR = $9396. Or 125,000 (for all package car drivers at top rate) one hundred and twenty-three million nine hundred and seventy-five thousand

Close enough, now :censored2: off.

WTFm8

Considering it’s OT, you’re screwing yourself out of nearly $1/minute that you give to the company.

‘Giving them’ 15 min of unpaid labor per day is 1.25hrs per week or $125.

If you work 48 weeks that’s $3,600 you screwed yourself out of ‘to make their numbers look good’... and that’s per 15 minutes at 5 days a week. $4,320 at 6 days.

Don‘t forget time shaved by speeding or rolling stop signs... every one is literally change out of your pocket.