$ lost sorting truck during lunch?

MrBates

I charge em 1/2 hour for the sort. It comes out to $7238.40 per year. We have a couple guys at my hub that sort off the clock. It's just NOT worth it. You might as well just ask management straight up for 20 more stops, cause that's whats going to happen.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm confused...why would your idle time be high immediately after lunch? Y'all have AC now?
Im guessing he sorts through the truck immediately after lunch?
Yeah I really did think that would be obvious since this is a thread about sorting. But when I said idle time I meant it as no activity. Not the truck running. I might open all the doors though.

And I didn’t actually sort. Pre-ORION I was basically just moving packages up and and cleaning up the floor. When ORION became our only option I’d half ass sort by sequence numbers. Not meticulously or anything. Just enough to make it easier for me to find pieces later. When I was done I’d dig out my next few stops and go from there.

I stopped being an idiot about sorting right about the same time our telematics went live. So it was known early on that I don’t “sort” for free and they leave me alone about it. I told them 5-15 minutes (it’s taken as long as 25 min) sorting would save me more time than that later and help keep me from passing out in the summer.

Over70irregs

Let's use $38 an hour as a base (am lazy, close to top rate). And 125,000 PACKAGE CAR DRIVERS AT TOP RATE (It's close enough).

20 minutes a day (5 days a week, some may sort for more or less, I don't care about them (will also include those that sort for the FULL hour)).

261 working days in a year (Google, am lazy).

20 minutes x 261 = 5220 minutes or 87 hours a YEAR = $3306 at $38 an hour. Or 125,000 (for all package car drivers at top rate) x 3306 = forty-one million, three hundred twenty-five thousand U.S. dollars

Now you're sorting for the for THE FULL HOUR (at "base" top rate, YOU'RE STUPID)

15660 minutes a year (or) = 261 hours a YEAR = $9396. Or 125,000 (for all package car drivers at top rate) one hundred and twenty-three million nine hundred and seventy-five thousand

Close enough, now :censored2: off.
I went with just 10 min a day for a year To get $1700. The mathematical examples given throughout this dialogue is what I want planted in our brains. We allowed 22.4 for money savings. Let’s not give them more.

Whither

Scofflaw
I was told that was the purpose for that being in the board but there have been days where I stuck it to the man and used my paid break to eat watermelon

You believed someone who told you that a paid break is a way of coding time you spend sorting? 🤣🤣