Lotteries

Do you play the Lottery ?

• Total voters

klein

Für Meno :)
I figured many of you play the State or Nation Lotteries, and thought why not share our winnings or losses here (bi)weekly.

For Fridays draw I played $6.00 and won nothing.
For Saturday draws I played for $32.00 and won $100.

(equals up $62.00 for this weekend)

klein

Well, with me being away most weekends lately, I really didn't play much.
But on Saturday bought tiks for $48.00 and won $42 back. For tomorrow I "invested" $11.00

Now, I'm playing a different sort of "lottery". I have been on the Safeway E Auction site, buying up brand new goods (and no Meno, didn't get the scenic Rocky Mountain trip to Vancouver :( ) - Got too expensive for me. My goal is just to bid where I can get things for 1/3 of the price.

So, today, I purchased the Yahama Home theatre system AV Receiver (RX-V471), with 6 speakers, that has a value of $690 for a mere $231

The other day, I did get that 18K Whitegold Diamond Pendant for $413, which is valued at $2500 !

Tomorrow is another day for me to buy something - hopefully something worthy, like the 2 items above :)

So, as soon as I get confirmation that these items are on their way, they are going up on Kijiji for now, and maybe e-bay later. I should make some money out of it.... (Got to do something to survive for a living) ! :)

klein

It's not called gambling Sleeve !
I believe there are plenty of people that make a decent living on e-bay alone ! They are those so called "Super Sellers" as seen on the e-bay sites.
Throw in a few lottery tiks now and then, like I always do (got to have that little bit of hope)... I'm just fine :)

Now who wouldn't buy this for $231 ?

http://vafloc02.s3.amazonaws.com/isyn/images/f703/img-63703-friend.jpg

[h=3]Description[/h]AV Receiver (RX-V471):

• 5-channel powerful surround sound (105W per channel)
• Front panel USB Digital Connection for iPod and iPhone
• Multi-language on-screen display GUI including album art
• 1080p-compatible HDMI (4 in/1 out)
• HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel
• HDMI CEC with versatile control from AV Receiver remote control
• HD Audio decoding with CINEMA DSP 3D (17 DSP programs)
• Virtual Presence Speaker function for 3-dimensional sound images
• Auto power down function with variable time setting

Speaker System (NS-AP2600):

• Type: Acoustic suspension
• Speaker: Satellite: 2.5” Cone woofer + 1/2” dome tweeter Center: 2.5” Cone woofer x 2 + 1/2” dome tweeter
• Frequency Range: Satellite: 90 Hz - 50,000 Hz Center: 90 Hz - 50,000 Hz
• Impedance: 6 ohms
• Nominal Input: 30W
• Maximum Input: 100 Watts
• Sensitivity (dB/2.83v. 1m) Satellite: 85 dB Center: 85 dB
• Crossover Frequency Satellite: 4000 Hz Center: 4000 Hz
• Dimension (H x W x D) Satellite: 6-3/8” x 4” x 4” (160 x 100 x 100 mm) Center: 4” x 11-7/8” x 4” (100 x 300 x 100 mm)

Subwoofer (YST-FSW100)

• Slim Design Is Only 157mm (6-3/16”) Deep to Match Plasma Displays and Flat TVs
• Advanced YST II (Yamaha Active Servo Technology) for Deep, Powerful Bass
• Powerful 16cm (6.5”) Multi-Range Driver with Magnetic Shielding
• 130 W Dynamic Power
• 30-200 Hz Frequency Response
• Dimensions: 153/4” x 143/4” x 63/16” (400 x 375 x 157 mm)

Manufacturer's suggested retail price: $690.00

Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of this item.

www.yamaha.com

And they even have a Youtube video about it, too !

moreluck

golden ticket member
".................I did get that 18K Whitegold Diamond Pendant for $413, which is valued at $2500 !.." (Klein)

It's only worth $2500 if you can scrounge all over the world for someone to pay that much. Hope you look good in a diamond pendant!!

klein

Actually some lady won that pendant recently at Safeway, she got it appraised - was worth $4000 ! (I guess Safeway didn't take into account when they bought them a year or 2 ago, that the price of Gold shot up the roof ) !!!

I'll get mine appraised, and probably sold right at the Jewler ! I'll ask for 30% of the appraisel, if not, I'll go down to 25%, then 20%, minimum. As long as I get $500, I'll be just fine. And that's the gamble I took, and I think I'll get it, too. If not - e-bay is another choice.

Here is her statement :

Rita Baumeister I won this necklace at Safeways last contest. It is for sale if interested. I had it appraised at $4,000.00
Sunday at 9:57am

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Actually some lady won that pendant recently at Safeway, she got it appraised - was worth $4000 ! (I guess Safeway didn't take into account when they bought them a year or 2 ago, that the price of Gold shot up the roof ) !!!

I'll get mine appraised, and probably sold right at the Jewler ! I'll ask for 30% of the appraisel, if not, I'll go down to 25%, then 20%, minimum. As long as I get $500, I'll be just fine. And that's the gamble I took, and I think I'll get it, too. If not - e-bay is another choice.

Here is her statement :

Rita Baumeister I won this necklace at Safeways last contest. It is for sale if interested. I had it appraised at $4,000.00
Sunday at 9:57am · LikeUnlike · 1 personCharmaine Bellamy Erman likes this.

You apparently don't get the word "worth".. If she can't find anyone to pay $4000 for it, then it's not worth $4000. She won it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
In today's economy, I don't think many people are out looking to buy a diamond. It's back to school time......supplies, clothes, sensible things.

klein

We pay $500 and up just for a pair of half decent hockey tickets. I'm not worried about people not having money here !

rod

Retired 22 years
I have spent 2 bucks a week on the Power Ball Lottery ever since Minnesota joined them in 1990. I have played the same "lucky numbers" every time. They have me right where they want me because I know the day I quit that will be the day those numbers come up. I probably win about 20-30 bucks a year so yes I know it a losing proposition. Apparently the Power Ball people are going to raise the price up to 2 bucks per ticket Jan. 1st. Time will tell if I continue playing. I think its a stupid move on their part.

klein

I hear you Rod, our 6/49 lottery got raised to $2.00 about 3 years ago.
I personally cut down on the amount of numbers I play since, and even spend less money since, too.
They do hand out extra and deeper prize money, but for $2.00 a selection, I only play 1 now...

klein

My $11.00 didn't pay a cent yesterday :( Going for another $11.00 on Saturdays draw.

Made another good buy though, today :

http://vafloc02.s3.amazonaws.com/isyn/images/f903/img-63903-friend.jpg

Description

Features:
• 7.5QT (7.1L) stock pot with 9.5" (24cm) glass lid, 9.5" (24cm) strainer, 18/10 stainless steel
• TEMPERED GLASS LID: to see what's simmering, no more lost of heat!
• 3-PLY STAINLESS STEEL: guaranteed durability, better heat distribution all the way to the rim , can be used on any cooking surface, including induction
• CUSTOM-MADE HANDLES : riveted stainless steel handles with integrated tool rest and holder, no more spills!
• LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
• MAGNETIC STAINLESS STEEL ENSURE INDUCTION OPTIMIZATION
• SUITED FOR USE WITH TRADITIONAL COOKTOP TECHNOLOGIES

SOLD OUT!
350 AIR MILES® reward miles
140 of 140 Activated
This Group Buy has expired.

I basically got that $120 stock pot for free. I went Safeway shopping last night for $101.00 and earned 345 airmiles.
The pot was only 350 airmiles (= $49.00).
Winter is comming up, looking forward to home made soups and stews, and with this pot, I can strain the bones and the stock veggies much easier from the soup :) And great for pasta, too !

Yesterday they had Nike Golf clubs worth $1349.00 retail, for only $413.00 worth of airmiles. But, I don't golf. - Didn't get them.

klein

Well, haven't been winning much lately, but just enough to stay even. But online I have been winning straight for the past 3 days in a row.
First a $5 giftcard for Earls Restaurants.
Yesterday, I won 5 airmiles with National Rent a Car

And today the big one :
To: Prize Admin2
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 8:17:25 AM
Subject:

Congratulations,

You have won a Bulova watch in the Daily Draw for tweeting about your e-Auction experience.

Please advise in a return email if you would prefer a Men’s or a Ladies watch.

You should receive your prize in 6-8 weeks following your reply email and your Canada Safeway store will call you to let you know when it arrives.

Thanks for participating in the Safeway e-Auction and for shopping at Safeway!

Regards,
Prize Administration Office
1-800-38x-xxxx ext. x (M-friend, 9 am – 8 pm EST)

And today is also the National Lottery , might have finally some luck there now ????? :)

Don`t forget to send that check to that Nigerian Prince to help him cash his inheritance check so that he can send you back four times the money you sent him.

klein

Already got my confirmation e-mail :

Thank you so much for your email Mr. Klein, I will forward this to the appropriate people.
Your Men’s Bulova watch will be sent to Canada Safeway #08xx – NW in Edmonton.
They will call you once it arrives.
Best Regards
Jo

And if you don't know Safeway, you really don't travel much. They are a California based grocery chain, one of the largest in North America.
They are huge out west .

The Group of Safeway Stores:
There are 1,702 Safeway stores across the US and Canada. These include 312 Vons stores in Southern California and Nevada, 112 Randalls and Tom Thumb stores in Texas, 37 Genuardi's store in the Philadelphia area, as well as 17 Carrs stores in Alaska.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Already got my confirmation e-mail :

Thank you so much for your email Mr. Klein, I will forward this to the appropriate people.
Your Men’s Bulova watch will be sent to Canada Safeway #08xx – NW in Edmonton.
They will call you once it arrives.
Best Regards
Jo

And if you don't know Safeway, you really don't travel much. They are a California based grocery chain, one of the largest in North America.
They are huge out west .

The Group of Safeway Stores:
There are 1,702 Safeway stores across the US and Canada. These include 312 Vons stores in Southern California and Nevada, 112 Randalls and Tom Thumb stores in Texas, 37 Genuardi's store in the Philadelphia area, as well as 17 Carrs stores in Alaska.
You act like we don't yet have grocery stores here yet.......I went to Safeways in Utah in 1976. I go to them on Oahu in Hawaii. Our Pavilions & Vons are Safeway owned, so it's not new or exclusive to Canada. Where's your Piggly Wiggly??