lowest on the pole

ryan74701

If I come to work and we start preload and about an hour into my job the supervisor says they are cutting my route for the day due to decreased volume, shouldn't I be paid for 8 hours since I am a full time driver? and another question...If a full time clerk switches to full time driver and his driver seniority date is after mine, does he still have driver seniority over me?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
any driver with a seniority date over you is senior,no matter where they came from. you gave a guar, 8 when you punch in,if you have made book !!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If I come to work and we start preload and about an hour into my job the supervisor says they are cutting my route for the day due to decreased volume, shouldn't I be paid for 8 hours since I am a full time driver? and another question...If a full time clerk switches to full time driver and his driver seniority date is after mine, does he still have driver seniority over me?

You can come in and work the PM Part time operations (Hub or Reload) to get your 8 hours.

DorkHead

I`m a little confused here. You say you are a FT driver and you are also working on the preload? Is this a combo job? Is there more to this story or maybe I`m just not understanding how it`s worded?

ryan74701

at our hub we dont have package handlers who load our trucks, the drivers load their own trucks in the morning, we also dont have edd, we're a llittle behind, they hired 6 full time drivers this year all off the street lol

Catatonic

Nine Lives
at our hub we dont have package handlers who load our trucks, the drivers load their own trucks in the morning, we also dont have edd, we're a llittle behind, they hired 6 full time drivers this year all off the street lol

I bet you don't have many misloads.

As to your original question ... hmmmm, I don't know. We do have quite a few driver sort and loads around the country so your question should have a settled precedence.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So you load your own pkg car and then had to do the add/cut which cut your area?

I am not that familiar with driver sorts but am also curious if you would be entitled to the 8 hour guarantee.

ryan74701

shouldnt there be a rule book some where that would state this, started preload with everyone else at 8:00 am and was told at 8:48 that they were splitting my route up for the other drivers. went on break till 4:30 pm to load air and take it to the airport.

rod

Retired 22 years
some of the worst loads I ever had were a couple of times when we had a driver sort and I was hung over ------ yes even misloads.:groooansmileyf:

UPSGUY72

You need take out your copy of the contract and your local rider and see what it says. Rule vary location to location. From what you telling us your location is quite different than most.

over9five

Staff member
Did you give your preloaded a good tip this Peak?