LP accused me of theft

Kirtus

I was pulled in for a meeting with the LP supervisor. He said that a mechanic lost his wallet and that I was caught on camera picking it up and taking it. This was the camera outside the building facing the sidewalk/street crosswalk. He asserts that I picked it up from the street and took it.

While I did in fact stop in the middle of the street crosswalk, it was my crumbled up receipt that fell out of my pocket while digging in my pockets for my wallet. I told him this but he still asserted that I didn't drop anything. The meeting concluded with him stating that if they trace the wallet back to me that they will terminate me.

What really happened was that the security guard saw me pick up my receipt and assumed I grabbed the wallet. She even asked me if I found something on the floor. I told her I dropped something. And the camera doesn't even show the crosswalk, only 3 feet of it.

So they're accusing me based on flimsy circumstances. It's bogus and stupid.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I was pulled in for a meeting with the LP supervisor. He said that a mechanic lost his wallet and that I was caught on camera picking it up and taking it. This was the camera outside the building facing the sidewalk/street crosswalk. He asserts that I picked it up from the street and took it.

While I did in fact stop in the middle of the street crosswalk, it was my crumbled up receipt that fell out of my pocket while digging in my pockets for my wallet. I told him this but he still asserted that I didn't drop anything. The meeting concluded with him stating that if they trace the wallet back to me that they will terminate me.

What really happened was that the security guard saw me pick up my receipt and assumed I grabbed the wallet. She even asked me if I found something on the floor. I told her I dropped something. And the camera doesn't even show the crosswalk, only 3 feet of it.

how much was in the wallet

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
You should tell them to go right ahead and get the police involved. They will piss their pants at that “evidence” and thank UPS for wasting their time.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

we need to know the amount

Box Ox

the security guard saw me pick up my receipt and assumed I grabbed the wallet.

Sounds like you should be fine if it's as you say it is. Can't have a system in which a security guard says they saw "x" do "x" and have them fired with no additional evidence. **Tell 'em you'll contact the local police and consult with an attorney.

**Unless there's more to your story

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
748ECB04-82A2-4B8A-B440-A16BAE41CFE8.gif

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Either you did it or you didn’t. If they terminate you for it, tell them you’ll be going for back pay and your phone doesn’t work on the beach in Mexico, because they just paid for your vacation.

If you did do it, you’re a scum bag and deserve to be terminated.

542thruNthru

Was this on or off the clock? Was this on or off property?

I'm curious because I didn't realize UPS could fire you for anything they felt like while off the clock and property. I better stop drinking while at home. :)

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Was this on or off the clock? Was this on or off property?

I'm curious because I didn't realize UPS could fire you for anything they felt like while off the clock and property. I better stop drinking while at home. :)
I know a DM fire for his fourth DUI. As far as I know he wasn’t on the clock.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Any tiddie pics of his wife in it?