LU 177 "selective" Seniority.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
OK, so I toil night for years in Feeders gaining seniority, now some package car decides he can work nights now since his family life is different, comes in and bumps me? No way Jack! Stay where you are or get in line.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
OK, so I toil night for years in Feeders gaining seniority, now some package car decides he can work nights now since his family life is different, comes in and bumps me? No way Jack! Stay where you are or get in line.
So your in feeders for years and decide to go back to package car !! Do you want to go to cover in the ghetto or a nice 150 res stops in the toney burbs ??

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Why don't you just build a wall to keep them out AND have UPS pay for it?

Wally

So your in feeders for years and decide to go back to package car !! Do you want to go to cover in the ghetto or a nice 150 res stops in the toney burbs ??
Some seem to think they should be able to move in wherever they want.

Does any local have one senority list for all positions?

Covemastah

I first went into feeders with only 15 yrs in ,, quite a few guys made it in with more juice than I , but I had to respect that , they were here longer than me and deserved what they earned !

Covemastah

I was also bumped out if feeders years ago and bid a PC job I wanted, didn't want to be in the ghetto with 16 yrs in and a guy with two doing a comfy resi rte in the burbs !!

Wally

My question to the OP is: How is the system not fair? One knows the rules going in.

If not fair, what system would you have in place?

Wally

Building seniority rules. Should every time. I have a handful of guys in my building worried about me coming out because it will be one more spot that they move back. Sorry, seniority rules.
So, you would have one list for all, no matter what position, or as it is now, each job a separate list?