Lunch options (On topic please)

lovemyupser

My husband is a fulltime package car driver and a feeder cover driver.

He does not want to become an over weight driver. I make his lunches for him to take to work. But I'm looking for other options some of you might have.

What type of things do you take in your lunch to eat and drink?

I make him different types of wraps. He gets fresh fruit and protein bar. Drinks he takes powerade, water and tea.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Almonds, hard boiled egg, carrots, grapes, apple slices. And water. If it’s warm out this gets me through the day. If it’s cold, I end up eating pizza a lot after I ate all this.

over9five

Staff member
Unfortunately, a feeder driver working long weird hours (certainly a cover guy) will need extra food and drink just to stay alive (meaning awake).
Make sure he gets exercise. Walk him every day!

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Wraps are great, but it depends on the person. I used to get indigestion after eating lunch due to all the lifting and reaching under shelves.

I found for me, that a protein shake was a lot easier to digest. The snack type food mentioned earlier is also good because you can eat it in small batches. Before lunch or later in the afternoon.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have always packed my lunch, I never eat on the road unless I have somebody riding with me. No restaurants on my area at all. Usually, I have a ham sandwich on whole wheat flatbread. I snack on things like carrot slices and nuts throughout the day. I quit drinking soft drinks years ago, no ingredients in them are healthy for you. Lemon water with honey and an occasional Gatorade to break up the monotony of drinking water for me. I stay away from Powerade, its cheaper because of high fructose corn syrup that is used as a sweetener.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

He does not want to become an over weight driver. I make his lunches for him to take to work. But I'm looking for other options some of you might have.

I make him different types of wraps. He gets fresh fruit and protein bar. Drinks he takes powerade, water and tea.

First woman in the history of trucking....

Trying to keep her husband alive.

Kudos.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Mine is usually a sandwich and some fruit. Sometimes a protein bar. One of my favorites when it's cold weather is homemade soup in a thermos.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I pack the same things in my lunch everyday. A protein bar, a small tupperware container of blueberries or dates, a bigger tupperware container of various nuts and a few cheese sticks. I actually gain more weight on my vacations.

MzTeaze

If he likes hot foods, you could invest in an inexpensive soup thermos. They work great for soups, stews and casseroles.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
I do the same. Mostly veggies and fruits. Sometimes I pack a kind bar which is good if you have a sweet tooth. I can't eat a meal while working it sits too heavy. For dinner I usually make a salad and a low fat protein for me and my family. Try not to eat heavy it adds up quickly.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

This gal is a keeper!

Keep making those sammiches! Boiled egg whites are really good, low cal, and the protein keep you from getting hungry fast.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Almonds, hard boiled egg, carrots, grapes, apple slices. And water. If it’s warm out this gets me through the day. If it’s cold, I end up eating pizza a lot after I ate all this.
Shark-eating-pizza.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Cottage cheese

Rice and ground turkey or chicken breast

Leftover anything