Lunch Prep

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
How do you prepare for tomorrow's lunch?

1) Yesterday's leftovers is today's lunch.

2) I always make my lunch with the stuff I like.

3) I buy lunch on the road because I'm single and it's so convenient.

4) I'm a "snacker" and eat small stuff through out the day.

5) I don't eat lunch but have a huge breakfast.

6) Lunch...what's that?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
LOL

If I were to fix lunch for work I would fix what I like and on occasion that might include leftovers. Nothin better than a leftover meatloaf sandwhich.

I usually buy lunch.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"

6) Lunch...what's that?
1)Depends on what and how much leftovers there are.

2)If we had it for supper I usually like it.

3)Sometimes I buy lunch on the road because I didn't have anything to pack or there wasn't enough time.

4)Sometimes a few snacks is all it takes.

5)I don't usually eat breakfast. Just coffee thanks.

6)Sometimes, like today, I don't eat anything. Finally made it back to JEFIL and thought about going to that hot dog stand across the e-way but holy smokes they were packed. Ball game night.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
1) I always make my lunch in the morning and pack it in my cooler, generally a sandwich, apple, and one or two snack items.

2) You could have made a poll.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

6) Lunch...what's that?
All of the above, depending on the day or the mood. Can't get away with the "because I'm single" part. change it to "because I can".

Cementups

Box Monkey
to prepare lunch I make sure I have money in my wallet. Though the place I eat will run a tab for me and let me pay at the end of the week so i can just make one easy swipe with the debit card.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I always take my lunch, I can't stand fast food plus there are no restaurants on my area. I usually eat a ham or pot roast beef sandwich and a candy bar. I will snack on carrot sticks and strawberry licorice during the day too. I carry three or four frozen quarts of Gatorade or Powerade to sip on all day also. I might spend $2.00-2.50 a day.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm anxious to see how many different responses we get on this one. Probably not too many. You know alot of these drivers on here probably skip their lunch. I buy lunch every day but have been telling myself I'm going to start bringing i but have yet to actually do that.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'm anxious to see how many different responses we get on this one. Probably not too many. You know alot of these drivers on here probably skip their lunch. I buy lunch every day but have been telling myself I'm going to start bringing i but have yet to actually do that.

You can skip your lunch and still eat wise guy. Not that I would know about that:whiteflag:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
not a driver, 22.3 inside.

Apple, banana, yoguart drink, granola bar, 5 hour energy, sometimes a sandwich, bottle of water. I eat all of those everyday 7 days a week.

I usually buy lunch if I dont bring sandwiches, a salad or chicken sandwich or something as healhty as you can find.

tworavens

JuniorMember for 24 Years
The manager at the McDonald's on my route would never let me pay. Ha, I was eating there five days a week! Glad he transferred, I was starting to look like a feeder driver...:rolleyes:

klein

Für Meno :)
Always made my own lunch.. not always enough though. But, what I really liked is going to Safeway (grocery chain) now and then. For a hot soup.sandwiches or hot chicken... and grab some milk. Even a whole BBQ chicken at times (bring back the leftovers home)
And I did my shopping there at the same time. (less thing to do on the weekend).

some1else

Banned
i always shake down customers for free food. depends on the route im covering. if the regular driver does the same i can get stuffed without to much effort. if the regular driver has his wife pack him a lunch every day i have to work the customers alot more to get the grub...

DS

Fenderbender
I love my lunch.I try to get it all ready the night before.My fav is spaghetti from the night before.With my old p800,I'd slip the container in a ups express pouch and it would sit perfectly on my heater ready to eat .
Turkey sandwiches are nice,or ham with keens mustard with a nice salad .
I try to eat an apple a peach and an orange every day.
Lunch is a sacred ritual that refreshes and rejuvinates in an otherwise hostile environment.Did I mention I love my lunch?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I buy my lunch.
First requirement is that it is not what I ate yesterday.
Second requirement is that I lock the DIAD and my cell phone in the back of my package car.
Third and final requirement is a newspaper.

This is my time and I find it a diversion from the grind, both mentally and physically.

filthpig

I have it made. I live on my route, therefore I eat at home everyday. I watch my tv, use my toilet, check my email. Maybe even a nap. Of course, sometimes the little lady feels amorous, so it's a nooner.