lunch?

Brown Rocket

How does everyone take their lunch? I can not sit for the full hour. I take two 15 minute breaks, one after air and one after bussinesses and then fit in my 30 min meal where ever I can. What about you?

1 hr, boy that must suck. We are allowed to take a 30 min lunch, and most do. Either take lunch at the house if on route, or usually have a good book with me. Sometimes, I'll take lunch at the library and eat lunch while I sort.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
I am lucky that I was able to bid a route that I live on. I usually take 30 to 45 minutes for lunch and save the other for a break later on or shooting the bull with some of my customers.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
10 at the 3rd hour. 30-45 at the 4th hour or so. 10 at the 7th hour. 10 at the 10th hour if I work 10. Take em, love em, spend the time now, spend the OT later.

Read a book, spend time with a friend or loved one, surf the net, crochet a new sweater for your cat.
The secret is to spend the time doing something you enjoy, away from the truck if possible, but it must be helping you disconnect from the job or else it will always seem like you should just get back to sorting your load and donating your pay back to UPS.

bumped

My kids are in the day care on my route. I spend my lunch/breaks with them there or take them to McDonalds in the playland or Subway to eat. They always want to go to McD's of course. I makes the long hours each day a little easier by spending some quality time with them.

Brown Rocket

10 at the 3rd hour. 30-45 at the 4th hour or so. 10 at the 7th hour. 10 at the 10th hour if I work 10. Take em, love em, spend the time now, spend the OT later.

I had a hard time learning that one. I'd sort on my lunch, drive back to the center on my lunch, drive between pick ups, but not anymore. If I am totally done eating/relaxing, bored, didn't bring a booka and not in a resturaunt I might sort some but nothing like I used to. That's out of bordem though.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My kids are in the day care on my route. I spend my lunch/breaks with them there or take them to McDonalds in the playland or Subway to eat. They always want to go to McD's of course. I makes the long hours each day a little easier by spending some quality time with them.
That's great!

Brown Rocket

I have been trying to get to run the route that my oldest's day care is on. I haven't run it since before she started going there. The driver was out on comp but I never got to drive it. That must be awesome.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
1/2 hr lunch + 15 minute break every day from 1145 to 1230. 10 minute break taken at various intervals throughout the day...phone calls, coffee, potty breaks etc.

over9five

Staff member
I walk almost every lunch, of course it depends where I am. When I was in Package, there was a network of trails in the woods behind some of my businesses. Great walking area.
Now in Feeders I am at Chema most days at lunch. I walk around the building thru the four centers. One time around is a little bigger than a high school track, I figure about 1/3 mile.
Gotta keep my girlish figure for when I go back to Package.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
I take a 10 minute break at 1130, hour lunch at 1330 to 1430 and a 10 at 1630. I take my hour lunch at my house, check out BC and watch the news then back to work. I don't know how it is in other parts of the country but my lunch is a hour, that's automatically taken out everyday, whether you take your lunch or not. There are drivers that don't take their lunch, its like taking a $10,000.00 pay cut.

browndude

i take the whole hour at once i will eat and then read my newspaper then there is only 10-15 min left so i will just talk to some of the regulars in there that i see every day.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
We only get 30 minutes. I usually bring a lunch and stop at the University on my route. They have a very comfy sudent center, with pool tables,foosball table, ping pong, and a 50 inch LCD with satelite hooked up. If I am lucky I can catch some European football(soccer) on the tv, while I eat and challenge the youngsters to a table game. The scenery is pretty good too!!!

Only 1 10 minute break allowed as well, usually take that at the local valero where I refill the mountain dew and unload the first dew I drank!!

ideliver2u67

20 Down
I usually finish my route, deliveries and pickups, then take me 45 minute lunch. Usually if my wife is home I will come home. Otherwise, I will meet up with another driver at a local coffe shop, Tim Hortons. And then I will take my 10 minute break back at the building talking to my friends, that is if I havent talked enough during the day.

tracker2762

I take a half hour at around 12:00 or when I get to a church where I use the restroom to clean up. I take the other half hour at 4:00 where I wait for a 4:30 pick-up. If I 'm there early i'll tack on my 10 minute break. I also can't sit around for an hour straight.

UPSGUY72

We get a one hour lunch unpaid and two 10 min breaks paid. I take my ten min around 11 and try to start my lunch sometime between 1:00 and 2:00 then I'll take my finally break some time after 4. So if you don't take your full lunch your giving the company money back basically.

I take my whole 50 minutes while laying on a thick piece of cardboard with a towel on it and a pillow in the back of my truck. I love it when I've got a sup or even a manager riding with me they look at me as if i'm crazy if they get on my nerves i shut the bulk head.

talkwith

I take it from 12:00-:1:00. 10 minutes of eating and fifty minutes of napping. I use my raincoat and hood as a pillow. On a rural route that nap makes it alot easier to stay awake on the road.