Lying To Employees

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It should be obvious to all but the most Purple People what FedEx is doing, and that they are absolutely, positively lying about the company restructuring. This has all been carefully planned, and the "rollout' is a known commodity. While extreme lies are nothing new for Express management this new series is especially blatant. They KNOW what is happening now and what is going to happen in the future, as in which locations will close/be consolidated and/or otherwise altered in order to have Ground perform the vast majority of Express work. Yes, your job is probably going away in most cases.

Certain usual suspects have maintained that this is just an efficiency move rather than a wholesale change, and to say otherwise is nothing but a huge lie. "Express couriers are still delivering Express packages" is only true to the extent that some will still be doing FO or hauling cans. It's designed to placate employees into believing little has changed even though the entire business model has fundamentally been altered. Ground is the new Express. Believe it.

You can choose to patronize the fertilizer purveyors, OR you can do a bit of research into the financial news and aviation industry reports to see what's truly happening. Raj and his fellow high-end management types have fully revealed what they're doing to the financial world, but their stooges and shills are soft-peddling the truth to workers. Farmer Raj has taken the corn from the Express silo and combined it with the corn from the Ground silo and is going to tell all of those Express ranch hands that their services are no longer needed. Those less expensive workers at Ground will make Farmer Raj a lot more rupees because he'll still be charging the same old prices and surcharges. The Express corn silo is being torn down and scrapped. Almost all the corn will be in the new Ground silo. Fact.

It's there, in writing, all over the media, but "it isn't happening". Yeah, it IS happening, and even if your station isn't being eliminated today, it's in the cards. Do you think that an ethical upper manamagement team should let their "valued team members" know this in terms that they actually understand? Yes, they should, because a lot of employees are just plain ignorant, and Raj and Friends are taking full advantage.

Yes, they absolutely will lie directly to your face and then drop you like a hot rock at first opportunity. Don't trust anything they say and make them pay for what they're doing. The only ways to do that are 1. Leave, 2. Walk-out/Sick-out. 3. Create political turmoil by involving your local Democratic leaders ( don't bother with The Republicans), or 4. Poison the well with customers and anyone else that will listen. Inform them about Fred's RLA protection and that FedEx paid no taxes in 2022. Educate them to the facts that FedEx is both screwing workers and the shipper. Tell them that their package will probably be late, that they're being charged premium rates for sub-standard Ground service, and that the company has zero commitment to them. Profit is the only motive.

Unfortunately, most of you will take it lying down and then whine about it after the fact. Worse, many with Stockholm Syndrome will sympathize and agree that it's just a "business innovation". If you're lucky maybe they'll give you a big foam P1 Cowboy Hat as a parting gift. Some of you will actually wear it. With pride.

So sad. So pathetic. So true.

Last edited:

Gone fishin

It should be obvious to all but the most Purple People what FedEx is doing, and that they are absolutely, positively lying about the company restructuring. This has all been carefully planned, and the "rollout' is a known commodity. While extreme lies are nothing new for Express management this new series is especially blatant. They KNOW what is happening now and what is going to happen in the future, as in which locations will close/be consolidated and/or otherwise altered in order to have Ground perform the vast majority of Express work. Yes, your job is probably going away in most cases.

Certain usual suspects have maintained that this is just an efficiency move rather than a wholesale change, and to say otherwise is nothing but a huge lie. "Express couriers are still delivering Express packages" is only true to the extent that some will still be doing FO or hauling cans. It's designed to placate employees into believing little has changed even though the entire business model has fundamentally been altered. Ground is the new Express. Believe it.

You can choose to patronize the fertilizer purveyors, OR you can do a bit of research into the financial news and aviation industry reports to see what's truly happening. Raj and his fellow high-end management types have fully revealed what they're doing to the financial world, but their stooges and shills are soft-peddling the truth to workers. Farmer Raj has taken the corn from the Express silo and combined it with the corn from the Ground silo and is going to tell all of those Express ranch hands that their services are no longer needed. Those less expensive workers at Ground will make Farmer Raj a lot more rupees because he'll still be charging the same old prices and surcharges. The Express corn silo is being torn down and scrapped. Almost all the corn will be in the new Ground silo. Fact.

It's there, in writing, all over the media, but "it isn't happening". Yeah, it IS happening, and even if your station isn't being eliminated today, it's in the cards. Do you think that an ethical upper manamagement team should let their "valued team members" know this in terms that they actually understand? Yes, they should, because a lot of employees are just plain ignorant, and Raj and Friends are taking full advantage.

Yes, they absolutely will lie directly to your face and then drop you like a hot rock at first opportunity. Don't trust anything they say and make them pay for what they're doing. The only ways to do that are 1. Leave, 2. Walk-out/Sick-out. 3. Create political turmoil by involving your local Democratic leaders ( don't bother with The Republicans), or 4. Poison the well with customers and anyone else that will listen. Inform them about Fred's RLA protection and that FedEx paid no taxes in 2022. Educate them to the facts that FedEx is both screwing workers and the shipper. Tell them that their package will probably be late, that they're being charged premium rates for sub-standard Ground service, and that the company has zero commitment to them. Profit is the only motive.

Unfortunately, most of you will take it lying down and then whine about it after the fact. Worse, many with Stockholm Syndrome will sympathize and agree that it's just a "business innovation". If you're lucky maybe they'll give you a big foam P1 Cowboy Hat as a parting gift. Some of you will actually wear it. With pride.

I think there’s another view which is the usual one used by Fedx. Here’s what our plan is , so invest in Fedx knowing that said plan won’t work. Our stock will climb , we’ll cash in and say we tried, but it can’t happen.
I think employees from the express side understand its probably 90 percent that it won’t work in most area’s. I think the ground side doesn't understand the total express side actual operation. Anything looks good on paper , ask an engineer.
I think the scam is they know it’s not gonna work. That being said , employees getting 4 weeks vacation and decent benefits aren’t going anywhere unless it actually happens to their station. Those employees are usually older and will chance not starting over.
Who knows for sure tho.

bacha29

You tried Mr. Fedex but many will still refuse to confront what is happening to them until it's too late.

What is happening here is that Fat Freddy and Raj are taking Express and Ground and playing them off against each other to see which OPCO will be the lowest cost form of purchased transportation to service a reduced freight volume resulting for the most part from the loss of market share to UPS and the USPS.

Their goal appears to be a downsizing of the company. Willing to lose market share in order to generate much improved margins from a smaller freight volume base.

As you guys all know that if not for the disruption of COVID Fedex Freight would have been sold to Old Dominion three years ago and I would expect that it will be sold by the end of the current fiscal year.

For Express couriers and gear punchers you'll have as much a nearly a year or as little as a few weeks to make your move .A disruptive crisis in their lives is unfolding but if in shock and disbelief they are frozen in their tracks and are in the end left with having to settle for the worst possible outcome and that's going to work for a contractor then Mr. Fedex you did everything you could do to try to help them understand that in every person's life there are dramatic and completely unforeseen turns of events that transforms their lives into something they never dreamed would come to pass.

Gone fishin

You tried Mr. Fedex but many will still refuse to confront what is happening to them until it's too late.

What is happening here is that Fat Freddy and Raj are taking Express and Ground and playing them off against each other to see which OPCO will be the lowest cost form of purchased transportation to service a reduced freight volume resulting for the most part from the loss of market share to UPS and the USPS.

Their goal appears to be a downsizing of the company. Willing to lose market share in order to generate much improved margins from a smaller freight volume base.

As you guys all know that if not for the disruption of COVID Fedex Freight would have been sold to Old Dominion three years ago and I would expect that it will be sold by the end of the current fiscal year.

For Express couriers and gear punchers you'll have as much a nearly a year or as little as a few weeks to make your move .A disruptive crisis in their lives is unfolding but if in shock and disbelief they are frozen in their tracks and are in the end left with having to settle for the worst possible outcome and that's going to work for a contractor then Mr. Fedex you did everything you could do to try to help them understand that in every person's life there are dramatic and completely unforeseen turns of events that transforms their lives into something they never dreamed would come to pass.
I’d say the only way it would work with all contractors is all commitments would be phased out , other wise it’s impossible

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
make them pay for what they're doing. The only ways to do that are 1. Leave, 2. Walk-out/Sick-out. 3. Create political turmoil by involving your local Democratic leaders ( don't bother with The Republicans), or 4. Poison the well with customers and anyone else that will listen. Inform them about Fred's RLA protection and that FedEx paid no taxes in 2022.
ROTFLMAO

"Here's your package and did you know that FedEx is covered under the Railway Labor Act but shouldn't be because they aren't an airline even though they have 600 planes and they are tax scoundrels or something I don't know but whatever and I don't want to lose my job so please stop using us Google it and see. Thanks."

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think there’s another view which is the usual one used by Fedx. Here’s what our plan is , so invest in Fedx knowing that said plan won’t work. Our stock will climb , we’ll cash in and say we tried, but it can’t happen.
I think employees from the express side understand its probably 90 percent that it won’t work in most area’s. I think the ground side doesn't understand the total express side actual operation. Anything looks good on paper , ask an engineer.
I think the scam is they know it’s not gonna work. That being said , employees getting 4 weeks vacation and decent benefits aren’t going anywhere unless it actually happens to their station. Those employees are usually older and will chance not starting over.
Who knows for

ROTFLMAO

"Here's your package and did you know that FedEx is covered under the Railway Labor Act but shouldn't be because they aren't an airline even though they have 600 planes and they are tax scoundrels or something I don't know but whatever and I don't want to lose my job so please stop using us Google it and see. Thanks."
We know why you are here. It isn't working.

AB831

ROTFLMAO

Your attempts at being clever are embarrassing. A simple “hey, I might not be seeing you anymore because fedex is moving all of our work to ground, eliminating us, and charging you the same rate for lesser service” is something that any customer would be able to decipher.

AB831

In the 3 month span from Peak 2019 to the start of the COVID lockdowns, my full time route started averaging about 30-40 stops per day, a figure that was only slightly lower than other drivers in the loop. Couriers were abusing the grace of a lenient manager nearing retirement to milk the clock to even get 8 hours a day. I would say to co-workers that this is unsustainable and indicative of a company going out of business, and they’d laugh and tell me to enjoy it and that fedex will always be here. No explanation. Just Fedex can’t fail. The denial, and, yes Stockholm Syndrome Mr Fedex mentioned run very deep.

Aquaman

Who knows for sure tho.
I’ll tell you a fact. They are NOT going to have full time couriers making $30+/hr, with health insurance, a grandfathered pension, 401K match, and 5 weeks vacation working right next to a ground driver taking out more freight… it’s not happening. Short term maybe for a little while. Long term it’s not happening.

bacha29

I’ll tell you a fact. They are NOT going to have full time couriers making $30+/hr, with health insurance, a grandfathered pension, 401K match, and 5 weeks vacation working right next to a ground driver taking out more freight… it’s not happening. Short term maybe for a little while. Long term it’s not happening.
The difference is quite obvious. Ground freight is not time of day or day of week specific. It's all estimated. With air it's nearly all guaranteed. If it doesn't get there when it's guaranteed then it's hoark up a refund check.

The result is that contractors will have to spend a boat load of money on redundancy just to protect themselves and they won't even begin to get enough back out of to cover their costs.

I agree. In many places they will keep a small crew of couriers on Express payroll and many if not most part time up until a certain deadline when ready or not contractors will have the entire mess cave in on them.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
ROTFLMAO

I smell fertilizer.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Your attempts at being clever are embarrassing. A simple “hey, I might not be seeing you anymore because fedex is moving all of our work to ground, eliminating us, and charging you the same rate for lesser service” is something that any customer would be able to decipher.
Dude, your boy said to give them a spiel about the RLA and taxes. Just trying to fit in. Quit trying so hard to be his wingman.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The difference is quite obvious. Ground freight is not time of day or day of week specific. It's all estimated. With air it's nearly all guaranteed. If it doesn't get there when it's guaranteed then it's hoark up a refund check.
Except that they're trying to reinvent the (hub&spoke) wheel here.

What makes you think they can't redefine 'overnight' and 'guarantee' while they're at it?
When you've started a dumpster fire, you'll try anything to control the blaze.
Everything FedEx has done wrong, they've damned the torpedoes and clung to the failing concept.

This will be no different.

vantexan

The question is if people are wanting to hang on to their job why would they want to risk having a customer call in inquiring about what the courier told them?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The question is if people are wanting to hang on to their job why would they want to risk having a customer call in inquiring about what the courier told them?
Does doing so rise to the level of misconduct? Doubtful.

Being fired for doing so would open the door for a lawsuit, as well as unemployment benefits.

vantexan

Does doing so rise to the level of misconduct? Doubtful.

Being fired for doing so would open the door for a lawsuit, as well as unemployment benefits.
Probably so, but if they do lay off a big chunk of the Express force I imagine they'd be motivated to include the ones they have records of complaining.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Dude, your boy said to give them a spiel about the RLA and taxes. Just trying to fit in. Quit trying so hard to be his wingman.
FedEx paid essentially zero taxes after the Trump Tax Plan took effect. Your tired old arguments have no relevance to the current difficulties with the business model.