Made an app. with Dr. Gellyfingers.

ups1990

Guys, uh. Made an app. to see my physician to have a thorough examination. A very thorough one, you know what I mean? As we get into our 40's, men know this test is coming and so we avoid it, but it must be done. A friend of mine, said his Dr. told him to relax, before the inspection(if you will). How can one possible relax!. Hope everything comes out ok.(not meant to be funny)

moreluck

golden ticket member
That's old hat stuff....nowadays, the big one is the colonoscopy. Your doctor will probably suggest you get one too. Have fun !!:wink2:

klein

Für Meno :)
Our way is not as cruel as Canada's. Only one day fast (liquids only) with prep. and you're done.

well, it was 2 days, with the 3rd day being the procedure.

And there's the test, they pump you up with white chalk fluid, and put you under the "radar".

Colonoscopy Preparation

Colonoscopy preparation or "prep" is simply cleansing the bowel. Every physician has their preferred method of colonoscopy preparation and it's important to prepare as directed because if your bowel is not clean, your test results may not be accurate. The required colonoscopy prep time tends to be between 10 and 36 hours and depending on which test you are having, you will have to restrict yourself to a clear, liquid diet, take laxatives, and generally spend the evening and day very close to, if not on, a toilet.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Klein....that's not a colonoscopy that you described. That was more like a lower G.I. Series.

Will someone tell our brainy Canadian what a colonoscopy is !!

klein

Für Meno :)
The colenscopy is like an endoscopy (cam). I know that.

I just pointed out there is another colen test as well, but can't remember it;s name.
They pump you up with white chalky fluid (yes, in the behind).

I done both of them, plus gastroscopy.

wkmac

That's old hat stuff....nowadays, the big one is the colonoscopy. Your doctor will probably suggest you get one too. Have fun !!:wink2:

Did you have to mention that!

:doctor:

That procedure doesn't come til you hit 50 and I've been a bad boy avoiding it for 3 years. I know! I know! Don't tell me cause the doctor already does.

The colenscopy is like an endoscopy (cam). I know that.

I just pointed out there is another colen test as well, but can't remember it;s name.
They pump you up with white chalky fluid (yes, in the behind).

I done both of them, plus gastroscopy.

We`re talking physician visits not what you did to try and get your job back.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Guys, I've had the colonoscopy done and It was nothing. You change your diet for a couple of days, go into the hospital when your insides are clean as a whistle and the put you under for the whole exam. The worst (funniest) part is when you wake up and have to fart out all of the air before you leave. Seriously though, don't let anything hold you back from getting regular check ups, as this could be the difference between long life or early death.

Gramps is climbing down from the podium now.:happy2:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Guys, I've had the colonoscopy done and It was nothing. You change your diet for a couple of days, go into the hospital when your insides are clean as a whistle and the put you under for the whole exam. The worst (funniest) part is when you wake up and have to fart out all of the air before you leave. Seriously though, don't let anything hold you back from getting regular check ups, as this could be the difference between long life or early death. Gramps is climbing down from the podium now.:happy2:

Let me guess--you have video, don't you?:anxious:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Let me guess--you have video, don't you?:anxious:
I'll send it to your email. Feel free to view it with friends, and post your critique in the movie review thread.:surprised:

On another note and to keep with this thread. Everyone of us guys need to get our prostate's examined, usually starting after 40 years old. Though this can be quite an invasive procedure, better it gets done than not. If you like your life and want to be around for your family and the future, I absolutely recommend these exams be done every so often. Ask your physician and go by his/her recommendations.

Remember, it's your life and your wellness we're talking about here. Don't take these things for granted.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
He will get in touch with your inner self.

Its really not that big of a deal; the only time you should get worried during the procedure is if you notice that he has both hands on your shoulders....:surprised: