MAGA HATS MEDIA BIAS

Box Ox

Then sue the witnesses.

Say I tell a Washington Post reporter that my Trump-supporting 15 year old neighbor names all of his puppies "Hillary" and enjoys dropping them out of windows. WAPO runs it as a national story: "15 Year Old Cletus McGillicutty Enjoys Dropping Puppies Named Hillary Out of Windows." Is it my fault?

El Correcto

god is dead
Say I tell a Washington Post reporter that my Trump-supporting 15 year old neighbor names all of his puppies "Hillary" and enjoys dropping them out of windows. WAPO runs it as a national story: "15 Year Old Cletus McGillicutty Enjoys Dropping Puppies Named Hillary Out of Windows." Is it my fault?
Why didn’t you stop him?:crying:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
To be clear, there is video of them mocking a native American. Witnesses corroborate the video. After reporting about the video, another video comes out showing some black people heckled them beforehand.

So to make your hypothetical more relevant:.
There's video of your neighbor killing puppies. You corroborate the video. The news reports on the video. Later another video comes out showing that before he killed puppies, his cat bit him. Is that defamation?

Box Ox

So to make your hypothetical more relevant:.
There's video of your neighbor killing puppies. You corroborate the video. The news reports on the video. Later another video comes out showing that before he killed puppies, his cat bit him. Is that defamation?

Yes, because there are actually still no dead puppies.

vantexan

That'll probably be the card the Washington Post tries to play. We'll see how successful they are at it.
When it came out that the Native American, who leads protests everywhere and has lied on record about his Vietnam service, actually approached the kids, and the kids did nothing other than some excited jumping around and laughing, except the one who stood there smiling, all on video, the hysteria dried up. Before the complete video came out, WAPO and others interpreted what they saw as something totally different and ran wild with it. Fools rushed in if you will. And now our legal system will demonstrate what happens when lynch mob justice gets it wrong.

BrownArmy

There’s ‘slander’, ‘libel’, and reporting.

Kid and his family will be lucky if Bezos doesn’t make them pay his lawyers fees.

After they lose, for a frivolous lawsuit.