Mail carrier killed

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Postal worker shot while delivering mail, Postal Inspection Service offers $50,000 reward

42AE1200-FD9E-4B25-8A73-3D4B58A77642.jpeg

Be careful everyone. Watch out for the crazies.

over9five

Staff member
The news story (dated today) says they're needing info, and the post already has an explanation. Is there an updated news story?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Execute the man with his dogs.

Execution is an easy out for him. Let her family members torture first, then execute.

What ISIS did to prisoners should be childs play compared to what should be done to this animal.

I won't pretend to know what is the answer here, but I don't think it is more violence.
Lotta sick crazies out there. And we need to make sure people are safe from them, but torture would make us no better than them.

I'm 100% on board that this is just stupid senseless and things like this need to be prevented, but do you think that poor lady would want more hurt on others right now?
I'm willing to bet not.

rod

Retired 22 years
I won't pretend to know what is the answer here, but I don't think it is more violence.
Lotta sick crazies out there. And we need to make sure people are safe from them, but torture would make us no better than them.

I'm 100% on board that this is just stupid senseless and things like this need to be prevented, but do you think that poor lady would want more hurt on others right now?
I'm willing to bet not.
Maybe she wouldn't want more hurt on others but I bet her survivors do. Whoever did this should be hung up by his thumbs with one of my 150 pound anvils tied to his ball sack.

Mack37

I’ve seen the dog thing going around but USPIS is offering a reward for information on the shooter so that makes it seem like they don’t know who did it .

I should add that this area is straight hood and a good number of the routes are walking routes. As mentioned, yes, murdering your letter carrier is a Federal crime.

Last edited:

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Absolutely senseless murder. Not too far from my route. The east side of Indianapolis is like the wild west. Murders weekly. Crime ridden and just a terrible place anymore. If I didn't like my business customers so much I would bid off and head somewhere else.

D

Deleted member 77202

What a senseless tragedy !

And what's ironic is that people are being encouraged to help & be a little kinder to not only their neighbors, but to everyone in general because of the virus situation.

It amazes me how much energy some people waste on being angry & impatient about inanimate objects (such as mail in this sad case) instead of having a quick conversation with the letter carrier and finding out what is going on before automatically finding fault with her !

D

Deleted member 77202

Regarding how we treat one another --

When I'm in line at the cash register in whatever business, I see how some customers talk to the employees, and I vow to NOT act like that anywhere I go or to anyone I encounter in my day -- especially to people who serve me in some way !