Mailbox numbers...

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
IMG_20161124_023125.jpg

Um, with a last name like that... I guess I'd flaunt it everywhere too, but I bee looking for NUMBERS!

ooh, I love the sun-faded ones as well... can u just use a sharpie and fill it in?

img_5772-mailbox-faded-numbers.jpg

K, thanks n have a great Thanksgiving

OrioN

Or numbers hiding behind an overgrown bush or tree

Or numbers at ground level that are buried in with leaves, or by snow in the next few months...

xrayspecs.jpg

Sheesh

Love those who are two cheap to only have one side of the mailbox with numbers, that should only be done on one way streets.

I personally have 4 sets of numbers on my home: front porch, above the garage, both sides of the mailbox Post

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Or numbers hiding behind an overgrown bush or tree

Or numbers at ground level that are buried in with leaves, or by snow in the next few months...

xrayspecs.jpg

Sheesh

Love those who are two cheap to only have one side of the mailbox with numbers, that should only be done on one way streets.

I personally have 4 sets of numbers on my home: front porch, above the garage, both sides of the mailbox Post

The Post Office requires that they be on the side that their carrier sees while delivering.

bacha29

The house numbers ...that r covered up by Holiday decorations
Don't forget the places out in BFE. No names no numbers nothing. Their response. "Well we don't want people to know where we're at".. My response...."Does that include, police ambulance fire and rescue?" I simply point out to them that 911 legislation requires a corresponding physical address number be posted that can be readily seen from the road and rest assured the United Nations will NOT come and their your guns away.

OrioN

The Post Office requires that they be on the side that their carrier sees while delivering.

Well those customers are doing it wrong since they forget that their postal vehicles are right hand drive

Ya, with those with no numbers at all, I cheat by looking inside some mailboxes to find a sharpie marker number on the inside.

Plus, if I have a small & has a USPS barcode, it's getting crammed into it. FedEx barcodes are prohibited, so it may be a gray area to be driver releasing in a mailbox

dudebro

Don't forget the places out in BFE. No names no numbers nothing. Their response. "Well we don't want people to know where we're at".. My response...."Does that include, police ambulance fire and rescue?" I simply point out to them that 911 legislation requires a corresponding physical address number be posted that can be readily seen from the road and rest assured the United Nations will NOT come and their your guns away.
If you're a tinfoil hat person, the trick is to put a pink flamingo ground decoration or other thing out there when you're expecting someone/something, leave directions to "look for the pink flamingo", and then take it back in after you get it so no one can retrace their steps and find it...

Purplepackage

Mail box numbers? How about street or road signs. I used to cover an area that literally had 1 road sign and you just had to "know" where all the other roads came in.

dudebro

Mail box numbers? How about street or road signs. I used to cover an area that literally had 1 road sign and you just had to "know" where all the other roads came in.

They take those down in the 'hood too. I remember figuring out areas with a map because all the street signs seemed to have been "vandalized".

Purplepackage

Then you get to play "Is it a driveway or a side street?" all day long...

This is a massive rural area, a couple times I've gotten halfway down a drifted over "road" and decided it might just be a field so I turned around.

Map books say roads connect to other roads but they actually don't lol

Oldfart

No house numbers = code 3. Let them get their cell phone or medicine delivered a few days late or have to pick it up a few times and watch the numbers suddenly appear on the mailbox.

Oldfart

Even if you know where the house is?
If you have never delivered to that house before, how do you know it is the correct house? Even if you use the house on each side as a hint, you could still have an incorrect address. I once left a package at a house with no numbers because I THOUGHT I was at the correct house based on the neighbors numbers. Come to find out, it was a bad address on the package and the house I left it at was the wrong house. My manager asked me "was there a house on that block with the street numbers that was on the package?" I said no but I thought I was at the correct house based on the houses on each side. He told me that he got a good butt chewing from the customer because I thought I had left it at the correct house. He said that defined a bad address and I never forgot that conversation. You delay the delivery a few times before you know you have the correct house and they most likely will get some street numbers.

Purplepackage

If you have never delivered to that house before, how do you know it is the correct house? Even if you use the house on each side as a hint, you could still have an incorrect address. I once left a package at a house with no numbers because I THOUGHT I was at the correct house based on the neighbors numbers. Come to find out, it was a bad address on the package and the house I left it at was the wrong house. My manager asked me "was there a house on that block with the street numbers that was on the package?" I said no but I thought I was at the correct house based on the houses on each side. He told me that he got a good butt chewing from the customer because I thought I had left it at the correct house. He said that defined a bad address and I never forgot that conversation. You delay the delivery a few times before you know you have the correct house and they most likely will get some street numbers.

Except in my old station if you code 3 something dispatch will google map it, insist that the house is there (even thought it isn't). That will lead to fight with our dick head dispatcher. Or my favorite you code 3 something, find out its 50 miles away (but in the stations service area) and they actually think you should deliver it that day.

Bad address= code 8 just easier

Oldfart

Except in my old station if you code 3 something dispatch will google map it, insist that the house is there (even thought it isn't). That will lead to fight with our dick head dispatcher. Or my favorite you code 3 something, find out its 50 miles away (but in the stations service area) and they actually think you should deliver it that day.

Bad address= code 8 just easier
I will always knock, then code it an 03 because I am not sure I am at the correct house. If dispatch insists it is correct, then an 08 will follow. I will not release a package at a house with no numbers if I have never delivered there before just because I think I am at the correct house.