Major Email change

texan

If you blew it off, or looked at it superficially and said to your self "I will do it later", you may be in for a surprise later.

The folders you created locally and saved important emails that are over 6 months old for later reference might be inaccessible soon.

I anticipate a Group policy will be pushed down to all UPS computers and laptops that will make the
Outlook PST inaccessible.

Some will scream and demand TSG help, and there will be nothing at all TSG can do for
you.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I've started going through mine and saving my e-mails to my hard drive as .rtf files. Luckily, I had a habit of doing this already if I thought it was something I would need in the future. It is very time consuming.

texan

Talked with a person who has many many multiple folders today in their local Outlook PST. Shared that it is most likley the PST will become inaccessiable.
They were shocked. I asked if they had taken the CBT. They did. But most do not realize what is going to occur. Not their fault. If someone had me take a lesson / CBT in base programming in .net, and somehow I passed the CBT, I would still not have practical ability or real world ability to write a .net web page. I still await something put out that is easier for all email users to understand. Time is ticking away.

DataGurll

I took the training and read through all the docs that we're posted on UPSers.com. I've already gone through the 7 stages of grief over this and am warning all of my co-workers of what's coming. But I have a lot of questions that aren't getting answered yet by anyone: when will the Migrate phase begin? Will the "Folder Sync" function be available to us since it's outlined in such detail in the Help manual? And if we're no longer allowed to have PST files, how are we going to be able to manage our calendars and contact lists in Outlook?

The s$!&tstorm that is about to hit cannot be understated!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I took the CBT too!

Tex and Gurll, I agree. I think this could cause a lot gnashing of teeth and loss of productivity.
I have heard that Social Networking will overtake e-mail. We'll see.

I agree that e-mails tend to lock some people into their seats at their PC too much.
I have been taking Outlook down so I am not distracted lately. I like it so far.

texan

I agree with both of you. Excellent words. Made me laugh :happy-very: 7 stages of grief and a lot gnashing of teeth.
Many I deal with daily have just not comprehended what is coming. They just continue to create folders and squirrel away emails.
I really believe that the local pst will be eventually inaccessible. When that regedit / policy is dropped, I do not want to be around.
Reminds me of people who have Hurricane warnings posted in an area that never gets them or experiences them.
They just do not know what is potentially coming.

texan

Just a for your info... The clock is ticking, this will not go away. :bag:
Completed your e_archive training yet?