Major Fail At Our Ground Terminal Already

dvalleyjim

One ISP lost 3 drivers, Another 4. One guy took out a full truck, I mean packed to the gills. 180 stops. Parks it at his house, packs his things and moves out of state. Calls the ISP and says where to find the truck. Many towns and cities not even being serviced. Packages not even leaving the building. And peak has just started! Wow!

robdabanks

The hub in NJ is failing. Trailers can't get in or out. Drivers were saying 2 hours to get in and still couldn't get the trailer off.

dvalleyjim

I would think that this would be a major black-eye for Ex but their stock will probably go up. Nothing seems to work anymore, kiddies.

bacha29

Tell them what I've always told them. "I'm organic not metallic. I'm a mortal, not a machine. Take a number have a seat. I'll get to you. You're number is 682. I'm serving 39".Seriously ,they do it every year. They go out and knowingly oversell the service then start cuffing around contractors because they were given no volume estimates to try to plan on or they couldn't find anybody willing to work for peanuts.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't doubt there are major failures but I think they are somewhat intended. . It's a money grab an X is in prime position to compel contractors to do what many have resisted: work Sundays. Not like it's going to cost X anything additional.

MAKAVELI

I don't doubt there are major failures but I think they are somewhat intended. . It's a money grab an X is in prime position to compel contractors to do what many have resisted: work Sundays. Not like it's going to cost X anything additional.
The question is, are you and your fellow contractors going to do it?

It will be fine

I'm not. Those who signed the "Schedule K" have no choice. They've already agreed.
Good thing there are DOT regulations that prohibit it. I've got some guys getting close to 70 hrs already with Saturdays. They can say we're running Sunday, but I won't have any eligible employees to drive. Our station seems to be running pretty well though so I'm not worried.

bbsam

Staff member
Good thing there are DOT regulations that prohibit it. I've got some guys getting close to 70 hrs already with Saturdays. They can say we're running Sunday, but I won't have any eligible employees to drive. Our station seems to be running pretty well though so I'm not worried.
But you've already agreed to provide service on those days. Why didn't you staff accordingly?

gixxer squid

5:30 pm
IMG_9642.jpg
today when I got back.
Four times if not more on another belt