Major Furlough at Express?

floridays

Scared?

You clowns had the better part of 2 years to get their attention and you didn't take the bat off your shoulder.

Who gives a rats ass who is furloughed and when.

This post is not directed at you personally WineGuy, it's to the clowns that let Fedex's balls slip from their grasp while you were "hero's." You may however be one of the clowns that missed the best opportunity.

Poof, the opportunity is gone, it's in the rearview.

Serf

Scared?

You clowns had the better part of 2 years to get their attention and you didn't take the bat off your shoulder.

Who gives a rats ass who is furloughed and when.

This post is not directed at you personally WineGuy, it's to the clowns that let Fedex's balls slip from their grasp while you were "hero's." You may however be one of the clowns that missed the best opportunity.

Poof, the opportunity is gone, it's in the rearview.
It’s my understanding Fdx Freight offered 47,000 employees furlough. I haven’t heard anything about the Express side.

chris45

I haven't but they said expect big changes after peak yesterday, and today I got asked if I wanted LWOP, I don't think they've ever asked me that and I've been at FedEx for like 8 years at this point 🤔

bacha29

Has anyone heard anything about 140,000 or so furloughs being planned at Express? Supposedly Jan. 7th has some significance.
Given the desperate move to cut costs and preserve margins ahead of what appears to be a very tough go of it next year the layoffs and permanent elimination of positions if they occur is not likely to be fair, sensible or orderly. The testicle stimulators will no doubt be among the last to go.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Has anyone heard anything about 140,000 or so furloughs being planned at Express? Supposedly Jan. 7th has some significance.

Not sure how FedEx could even do this considering how short staffed they are already and hurting as a result. They're already running on minimum crews in a lot of places and can't make service levels. So I'm guessing they want to lay off even more and now have 1 day service take 3 or 4 days to arrive? 140,000 furloughs would be like half of their workforce.

yadig

Not sure how FedEx could even do this considering how short staffed they are already and hurting as a result. They're already running on minimum crews in a lot of places and can't make service levels. So I'm guessing they want to lay off even more and now have 1 day service take 3 or 4 days to arrive? 140,000 furloughs would be like half of their workforce.
You won’t need all those employees when we move over to ground. Contractors might need some help though.

SFFX

Big changes are coming, but i dont think half the employees are being let go. Estar has been talked about for almost 5 years yet very few stations run it completely. Even if ground and express merge it would take years. Estar is the lay of the land at the end of January and Response is also going away. Fedex does one thing consist and thats coming up with grand new ideas that fail.

Aquaman

Big changes are coming, but i dont think half the employees are being let go. Estar has been talked about for almost 5 years yet very few stations run it completely. Even if ground and express merge it would take years. Estar is the lay of the land at the end of January and Response is also going away. Fedex does one thing consist and thats coming up with grand new ideas that fail.
That’s the only reason I could see them offering voluntary furloughs (the Freight furloughs are voluntary) or station transfers… because Response is ending. And a lot of stations hired a lot of people to run response routes. When those routes disappear, there are going to be a good amount of Express couriers with nothing to do.

bacha29

You won’t need all those employees when we move over to ground. Contractors might need some help though.
Only if you're within 5 years of full retirement and you're still in good enough physical condition should an Express guy consider going to work for a contractor . Remember too that your Social Security monthly benefit is based on your highest 35 earning years. So if you're going to work for a contractor for half the wages and zero benefits that job won't help you much outside of covering living expenses for those last few years.

yadig

That’s the only reason I could see them offering voluntary furloughs (the Freight furloughs are voluntary) or station transfers… because Response is ending. And a lot of stations hired a lot of people to run response routes. When those routes disappear, there are going to be a good amount of Express couriers with nothing to do.
This company is a mess and I don’t see how they are gonna fix it without some major changes!

Aquaman

This company is a mess and I don’t see how they are gonna fix it without some major changes!
It’s not getting fixed. Just ride the ship to the bottom of the ocean. I suggest becoming an RTD, so at least when everything explodes you have a plan B in your wallet.