Major ground failure in San Francisco.

gixxer squid

All the boys from pittsburgh were up trying to find a out what the hell is going on with this terminal. Its mainly coming from the new contractors but some old as well. They started offering $8.00 a stop to make things happen last month, today, its now $10.00 a stop to get boxes delivered. A few of my buddies came up from Fresno to take advantage of this.

Bottom line dip :censored2:z if your reading this, freaking pay us contractors more than 2.75 cents a stop and .17 cents a freaking box when a 2 bedroom apartment in the city starts at $2700 dollars a month for a shack. Do the math, 120 stops and 300 boxes and 850.00 month salary. Workers comp that starts around 14-16 per hundred of payroll. We can't keep the employees because if we paid them anymore we would have to borrow to run the business. I can't wait to get out of this company. Independent contractors my arse. More like SLAVES

I am sure they are still making money paying 10 bucks a stop as well.

gixxer squid

555 4th St UNIT 728, San Francisco, CA 94107
1 bed1 bath671 sqft
FOR RENT
$3,500/mo
Rent Zestimate®: $3,750/mo
List your rental on Zillow with Postlets. It's free!
THE PALMS! Great South Beach location. This large 1-bedroom, 1-bath condo has a flexible open floor plan & abundant natural light.

Don't believe me, here you go 2700 for a dump. We can't keep guys cause you thieves don't pay us enough to pay them. a holes

gixxer squid

2200 Beach St APT 103, San Francisco, CA 94123
1 bed1 bath-- sqft
FOR RENT
$4,350/mo
Rent Zestimate®: $5,700/mo

This fully furnished, high style, executive flat offers a turnkey living solution for busy executives who appreciate the finest in location and amenities. Situated 2 blocks from the Marina waterfront, 1 block from the Palace of Fine Arts and a short stroll to Crissy Field and the Presidio, it is the perfect location for easy access to the best San Fancisco has to offer.
Enter the Art Deco grand lobby and climb the staircase or take the modern elevator to your beautiful new home. Atop the… More

DRAisawesome

My question to you is. Why are you a contractor for Fedex? Why aren't you negotiating for higher rates? If they don't negotiate that seems more like an employee-employer relationship

gixxer squid

My question to you is. Why are you a contractor for Fedex? Why aren't you negotiating for higher rates? If they don't negotiate that seems more like an employee-employer relationship

It isn't a negotiation. Their statisticians who know absolutely nothing about running a business crunch your numbers. Lawsuits take 5 years or longer. So in that five years they pad their pickets for the shareholders. It's the scam of all scams with legal loopholes. As positive as I try and be, facts are facts.

If pay were based on actual cost of living it would be a different story. 850 a week in rural areas where renting or owning a home were 600-900 a month than the salary would be nice, but when cost of living is triple its impossible. 4 of our 8 guys still live with family and 2 have part time jobs. X doesn't care, the ISP makes it our problem and they wash their hands. Plain and simple.

The oversized boxes we are now getting, particle board furniture delivered to 10th floor for 3 bucks and 15 minutes of time. Do the math

Numbers don't lie

DRAisawesome

They (numbers) don't lie I agree. Then get out. If you don't like the way Fedex does it then stop doing it. I agree it makes no sense but the X will trump you.

It will be fine

They (numbers) don't lie I agree. Then get out. If you don't like the way Fedex does it then stop doing it. I agree it makes no sense but the X will trump you.
It's not as easy as just leaving. You need to find a buyer, that can take a long time depending how much debt your carrying and what profit you want to get from the sale. Most contractors won't just walk out as it would leave all their drivers in limbo unsure of if they have a job or not with whoever takes over.

gixxer squid

It's not as easy as just leaving. You need to find a buyer, that can take a long time depending how much debt your carrying and what profit you want to get from the sale. Most contractors won't just walk out as it would leave all their drivers in limbo unsure of if they have a job or not with whoever takes over.

Couldn't have said it better myself. When you have hundreds of thousands dollars invested, until you find another sucker, your in it thick and thin.

Trust me, if others have serious money invested and if they didn't, they would walk too.

When a company reports reports revenues of 30 percent gross revenues towards x income but 70 percent of net profits from ground/HD efforts, something is wrong in that equation. Again, numbers don't lie

gixxer squid

They are darn near threatening us to take trucks out Saturday. Half the places closed, guys are reaching DOT regulations in hours on clock, overtime pay. Please, you are loosing money doing 20-30 stops on Saturday that are actually open. Sorry, but I am in this business to make money, not borrow to float operations to keep x happy

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They are darn near threatening us to take trucks out Saturday. Half the places closed, guys are reaching DOT regulations in hours on clock, overtime pay. Please, you are loosing money doing 20-30 stops on Saturday that are actually open. Sorry, but I am in this business to make money, not borrow to float operations to keep x happy

Why not just take the residentials out to take the edge off of Monday?

bbsam

Staff member
Yeah. That's why my service numbers suck on Mondays duringet peak. By Tuesday everything's cleaned up but I don't send all my drivers out on Saturdays. Some service managers get a bit cranky and they write up business discussions about it but it doesn't amount to much. In fact, I'd have to fail at 85% of what the district does before they can make an issue of it. That's failure of nearly 300 pieces. Never been close.

Bounty

So you really do know your in too deep!
Maybe it won't be fine.