Major paycheck discrepancy: Who to call?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by MonolithofDeath, Dec 5, 2018.

1. MonolithofDeath

MonolithofDeath New Member

First off, let me admit that I haven't been taking screenshots of my hours at work, nor have I been keeping track of hours worked, but rather I just figured the clock-in computer at work keeps track just fine. Well, I go on to upsers.com just now, hoping to see how much I made for nearly 60 hours of work last week, but instead, there was a check for $33.68, for the period 11/18--11/24, which would still be wrong, since I definitely worked more than 2 hours that week, although since I haven't been keeping track of my hours, I can't prove it. What to do, and who to call? I've already put in a call to HR, but no response yet. Any thoughts, suggestions?

• Old Old x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  2. Protein Fart

Protein Fart Well-Known Member

Oh yeah? I worked 2 days in the hub as a laid off driver and never got paid for it because I never kept track. Lesson learned.

There is literally no one up to bat for you right now. Your Union rep can't do anything without records.

Your best bet is too ballpark estimate these records in a manner that can't put you in the line of sight for stealing time. If you worked 4 to 9 say you worked 4:30 to 8:30. Some is better than none and "NONE" is exactly what they're banking on giving you

3. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

Your manager can easily pull your time punches in a computer. Getting them to do so, is the question.

4. MonolithofDeath

MonolithofDeath New Member

Just got a response from HR, much quicker than I had expected. Turns out that $33 was a Thanksgiving addendum or something that everyone got, at least everyone at my hub in NorCal.
    This experience will be the catalyst for better record-keeping on my part. Fo' sho'.

5. Poop Head

Poop Head Poop is funny

Taxes?

6. BadIdeaGuy

BadIdeaGuy Active Member

Welcome to UPS!

To answer your question, the clock in computer at work functions just fine. The supervisors who monkey with the timecards afterwards, do not.

Always. Always, always, always document your hours. I keep a little journal of my times, and also use the imgur plugin for Chrome to take screenshots of my timecard viewer.

Paranoia?

Maybe a little. But just this week, I noticed a pay discrepancy of just over 100 dollars in my check.
    I'm glad I have proof.

Hopefully you get paid. If not, that's going to be one heck of an expensive lesson.
    NEVER, EVER trust that management is just going to do the right thing by you.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Call the FBI

8. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

this is just silly

9. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

$33.68! RIGHTEOUS BUCKS!

10. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Ghostbusters?

11. IESucks

IESucks Active Member

You can't call anyone. A member of your management team has to

12. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

Call J G Wentworth!
    It's your money and you want it now!